Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - midlifecrisis
My much loved ZT was sold today. Now my hand has been forced and I have to find a replacement. Went back to see a 54 plate Vectra with colour sat nav and leather £12995. Walked in...."how much off for no part ex"....."none" was the reply. Well I walked out saying I hope they enjoyed polishing it on the forecourt. Do dealers really think they can get away with such hard nosed business. My money is being taken elsewhere unless he knocks £500 off. Might consider a Mazda 6,, but then again.....what??
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - Altea Ego
Yeah but No But...Did you actually offer him £12445 cash for a "spit in the hand deal on the spot"
Sales manager was 'at lunch'. Gave them my phone number telling them the cash is in the bank waiting. I'll leave the ball in their court.
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - GrumpyOldGit
Another ZT no question. You'll get an amazing discount, buy a warranty for 4 or 500 quid and go back to enjoying your driving.
Come on - at 159mph your colleague has been nicked for - its got to be a 3.2 vectra!

Could you really step from the company car into anything slower?
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - Adam {P}
So the ZT's gone MLC?

I saw an ST220 on Autotrader for 10 grand the other day and only 20k miles. I don't know if that's too many but I've lost the ad.

I'll have another look.
--
Adam
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - ihpj
Well not surprising since the dealer makes money on the P/X, the car he sells you AND on the finance package too. With you offering no P/X and not taking hsi finance - where IS the incentive for him to sell you the car?

Plus if you really give him 'cash' then he will have to have two employees count it (to verify it is all there) then arrange for it to be banked securely and then the bank may levy a charge for depositing such a large amount of money...surprising I know but hey it's a crazy world we live in.

I personally wouldn't touch a Vectra - pick the Mondeo every time because IMHO it's sharper, tastier and crisper all round - I mean come on! Have you seen those wierd box sqaure headlights on the Vectra?!

I mean do you *really* want the same car at home as the one you (might) drive @ work? :)
I didn't mean it literally. It would have been a bankers draft or something similar. The car is stuffed full of expensive options which appeals somewhat. I wouldn't have a 3.2, it's the only car I've driven where you can actually see the fuel needle go down. Still fancy a ST Tdci, but I can't afford it now. The ST220 appeals, but I'd have to check running costs. I've seen 54 reg Vectra sri 150 diesels with sat nav for £12200, but am dithering as usual.
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - patently
Plus if you really give him 'cash' then he will have
to have two employees count it (to verify it is all
there) then arrange for it to be banked securely and then
the bank may levy a charge for depositing such a large
amount of money...surprising I know but hey it's a crazy world
we live in.

The dealer could not accept that amount in cash whether he wanted to or not. Anything over 15k euros is suspect moneylaundering.

And I'd be worried that I was going to get a visit from my customers 6'6" mates a little later.
The dealer can accept that much in cash, and much more. He can accept it but is obliged to report it, or rather the bank is obliged to report it.
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - ihpj
MLC - I wish you luck with your new car...but come ON MAN - it's a Vauxhall?! You should have opted for the Octavia :P

Ah well, atleast if need be you could stick a stripe (or are you guys posh enough to have 'battenburgs'?) and couple of blue lights in it and double it up as a Job Car if needed ;)

Have fun man.

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
I must just be getting old. And if they can take the stick I give them at work, my new one should be able to take my more sedate everyday driving without problems.
At least it's got lots of buttons to press and the lady who sits in the sat nav sounds sexy. (And she doesn't seem to hold the map upside down!!)
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - barchettaman
Bizarrely enough out here in Germany it is considered the height of bling to swap your Opel badges on your lowered Omega.....with Vauxhall ones!! And no, I am not kidding, you see loads of them.
Yup get some Holden badges on it. You can get holden badges that fit perfectly.
Bye, bye ZT. Hello.......er what? - T Lucas
In Japan, Subaru,part of the mighty GM, badge the Zafira 'Subaru Traviq'and i think they also badge some Subarus for the US with Saab badges.I guess the marketing dept thinks it works on the punters.