Cam chain on '02 Corsa - Baz100
My 52 plate Corsa (1.2 16v SXi) has a cam-chain apparently. Vauxhall advised generally that cambelts on their cars should be changed every 40,000 miles. Should cam-chains be changed? If so how often, and how much does this cost???
Cam chain on '02 Corsa - bimmer-driver
Good choice of car, I've got one except its a bit older. Anyway, I don't think anything needs to be done to the cam-chain other than keeping the oil clean ie regular changes. You may want to change it more frequently than Vauxhall suggest (20,000 miles/2yrs) if you do a small mileage.
Hope this helps.
Cam chain on '02 Corsa - Dynamic Dave
You *should* get plenty of warning before the chain needs replacing. It'll start rattling long before it's sell by date is up.
Cam chain on '02 Corsa - Baz100
Any idea of the average milage before a chain may need replacing
Cam chain on '02 Corsa - Aprilia
Anything from about 75k - 200k miles, depending on how its looked after. Dirty oil is an enemy of the cam chain.
Cam chain on '02 Corsa - bikemade3
Recent article in HJ Telegraph article about a camchain tensioner failing in a VX Vectra 2.2 ( camchain engine)that was put down to extended service intervals leading to blockage of the oilway pressuring the tensioner. Obviously when the pipe blocked, the tensioner failed with associated jumping of the chain and major engine damage.
Whilst i whole heartedly agree with the advantage of chains, 20K service intervals will probably wreck the engine before the chain breaks.