Fiesta MK4 trade in for 323ci - perleman
Hi,

Some of you may remember my tales of woe regarding my mark 4 X-reg (2000) Fiesta with 57k and a noisy engine - it now uses about a litre of oil every 4-500 miles!

I have had it from new and it has full S/H although was starved of oil once and is consequently now in need of new engine. It has a 2-3 minor dents.

Having recently got a pay rise I am considering treating myself to a 4-5 year old BMW 323ci coupe which I have yearned after for many years, and was wondering if you guys had any tips (hopefully not too sarcastic!) about how best to get rid of the Fiesta and what I could hope to get for it in sale / px. Parker's ranges from 1800 (private poor) to 1950 (trade) to 3k (private good).

Also, if you have any tips about what I should look for when buying the 323 I'd be more than gratefull.

Looking forward to your replys,
Ben
Fiesta MK4 trade in for 323ci - storme
with regards the bmw

service history or regular oil changes
check the suspension especially track control rods,,but also any rubber bush's that you can see from underneath
also check the rear suspension mounts,, look for the welding being ripped off from the body work
check the heating make sure it works and that all the digital bits on the control work,,,
check for any warning lights oil is obvious but also the abs light and coolant level,,make sure they go out within 2 seconds
put it in reverse when the engine is warm it should not clunk
put it in 1st and listen for a transmission clunk,,you dont want it

also drive the car in a straight line,,make sure the steering wheel dont oscilate(worn discs)
brake the car hard make sure there is no vibration(worn bush's)

cant think of anything else yet :)
--
www.storme.co.uk