Rear Suspension AGAIN on my Vectra(C) - welshy
problem with our 52 plate new shape Vectra. Its a 1.8 LS , and have had the rear shocks changed about 3 months ago but still the rear end seems to bang over bumps rather than glide over. Ive had all the rear bushes checked at a local garage (non Vauxhall) and they said everything looks OK. The car is now on 103,000 miles , Ive had one rear top stabiliser arm done the one thats shaped a bit like a boomerang .

Sorry for the long post , but I really cant justify paying our local Vauxhall main dealer £64 per hour plus VAT just to check the cars suspension for me . Did I understand that the earlier new shape Vectras like mine had rear suspension problems ?
Rear Suspension AGAIN on my Vectra(C) - Dynamic Dave
Welshy,

I'm not one for often recommending people to other forums over this one, but you *might* have more luck asking in a Vauxhall dedicated one, such as cavweb, vectra-sport.com, or vvoc.co.uk for example.
Thanks Dave , not having much luck with this am I .
Could it be something else?

Maybe something stored in the cubby holes on either side of the boot, or the space saver wheel, jack and tools not securely clamped down for instance?
Checked all those symptons out , and its not that .
Rear Suspension AGAIN on my Vectra(C) - Caveman
When my Vectra started making noises from underneath, it turned out to be the handbrake cable banging against the fuel tank. I have the previous model vectra though. Not sure if handbrake set up is the same on yours or not? Like you I changed numerous things before ending up taping a piece of rubber to the cable to insoate it fro mthe tank.
Weshly,

this is a long shot, but does it actually bang, or just make a creaking clicking type noise? If it is the latter, then the following maybe of interest you.

forum.vectra-sport.com/showthread.php?t=8359
www.vectra-sport.com/uploads/E0001516.pdf
The rear suspension actually bangs . Its not the front thats a certainty as when driving over a well known road the front wheels just give a normal thud then the rear wheel whichever is going over the said pot-hole goes BANG . Like I mentioned earlier the car has done 103,000 miles springs are OK shocks are new .
Oh well. I did say that it was a long shot.
Thanks tho. Dave for your comments .