CD Player - johnny
Anyone recommend a good value CD player to replace factory fitted Cassette player? Can you get them with MP3 incorporated?
CD Player - Pugugly {P}
Alpine.
CD Player - Adam {P}
Value for money wise, Sony are quite good. Agree with PU though Alpine are fantastic. I've got an Alpine changer and it's quiet, quick and has never let me down....yet.
--
Adam
CD Player - johnny
.. and one that won't tempt someone to heave a brick through the window...
CD Player - Stuartli
Halfords regularly advertises car CD player units by JVC and other top marques for less than £100 upwards which are capable of playing CD-Rs that contain MP3 tracks.

However, a search on the Internet may well find some even cheaper offerings via Google or Teoma's search engines.

MP3 is not "incorporated" - the CD unit merely feature the means to play back these compressed files.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
CD Player - Pugugly {P}
BiL has just had an Alpine CDA-9851R fitted to my old 3 series to enable the playing of her iPOD though the Head. It has a detachable face. Plays MP3 and is WMA complient. Good bit of kit.
CD Player - chris_w
Agreed that the Sony's are excellent value for money and offer good performance. I bought and installed a CDX3300 for less than £100 abot 4 months ago - the model below ( the 2200) can be picked up for about £70.

It plays MP3s etc and sounds great - it also has a removable front panel.

CD Player - Dynamic Dave
Any Kenwood.
CD Player - David Horn
An Alpine my dad got off my brother who got it off his friend who got it off his friend (I read "nicked" into this somewhere, but they swear it's legit...) make the factory fitted speakers sound fantastic.

Mind you, you need to fiddle considerably with the sound settings to get it going right, default setting has all bass routed to subwoofer, which isn't fitted in most cars.
CD Player - martint123
I've recently dumped my old cassette radio for an 'Aldi special'. £49, mp3 cdrw, rds etc etc. Works fine for me.