Fitting socket for lighting board - yellerbelly
Have just bought a rear cycle carrier for my mondeo hatchback and need an additional lighting board due to the cycles obscuring the rear number plate and light. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to connect a lighting board that apparently comes with a ? 7 pin socket to the electrics of the mondeo. Is it a DIY job or would it best taking it to a professional? Any idea of cost in either case?

Many thanks
Fitting socket for lighting board - tr7v8
Buy a kit from the Towsure web site, will come with instructions and all you need for your model of Mondano. If you can wire a mains plug then you should be able to do it.

Jim
Fitting socket for lighting board - johne
Another good source is Indespension who produce a very comprehensive handbook on all aspects of towing and trailers (including wiring), it might cost you a couple of quid, but well worth it.
Johne.
Fitting socket for lighting board - pastyman
Hi there, try a local towbar supplier, without the towbar the socket fitment will be a lot cheaper, also, should you want a towbar later on, you'll get a good deal because you'll already have the electrics wired in.

Pastyman.....
Fitting socket for lighting board - Negger
Very simple DIY job. Fitted Towequipe towbar and electrics on weekend-very simple clear instructions provided. All you need are a handful of blue piggy-back connectors (supplied in kit). If you buy the bits yourself, then there are several wiring digrams available on the web.
Fitting socket for lighting board - yellerbelly
Thanks for everyones replies. have just been quoted £88 for lighting board, number plate and the wiring sorted by a local trailer place which I thought was a bit steep, so will probably go the DIY route.

Tim
Fitting socket for lighting board - BobbyG
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1

Going by this, the price you are being quoted is a bit steep. ( I have no association or recommendation with the seller)