BMW 330 SE Saloon - Washer Jets - ihpj
Whilst driving this evening I found that the windscreen washer jets on SWMBOs 330 had packed up. Initially I thought perhaps there was no water in the reservoir and the failure of the light to warn me on the dashboard was down to a faulty connection/failed sensor. No problem I thought as I popped the bonnet and saw that there was plenty of water of water in the reservoir. Upon closer scrutiny I find that the headlamp washers appear to work fine and listening intently, the 'washer motor' appears to whirl into life.

Yet still no water through the washer jets on the windscreen. I have checked the connectors on the bottle and given the pipe work a look and I can't see anything amiss. No obvious problems, pinching or split pipes visible. There are no puddles of water accumulating from what I can see either.

If I 'pump' the wahser jet stalk then they 'squirt' water onto the wqindscreen, but if I pull and hold they splutter only.

The other annoying factor is that when I started the journey, they worked fine. I aprked the car for about an hour, came back to it, the problems started. I know the washer jets are clear and no-one has tampered with the car.

Any ideas from my learned colleagues please?

Many thanks...
BMW 330 SE Saloon - Washer Jets - ihpj
After speaking with a knowledgeable person @ BMW parts it transpires that the offending element turned out to be a small filter/washer unit (costing 75 pence inc. VAT) onto which the washer pump is attached. This filter became blocked and was restricting the flow of water around the system.

I replaced it and voila! Pressure is restored and the system is working fine. I hope this solution will be of use to fellow Backroomers in the future!