Rover 75 2.0L v6 oil problem - Rothers
Can anybody help, I'm now desperate.
I have a Rover 75 2.0L v6 automatic on an X plate.
I originally was getting a horrible ammonia type smell when travelling 'remove this bit and replace with the @ symbol' speed with window open, then the engine blew the thermostat housing off, took to garage , told head gasket blown & warped head, and have fitted a secondhand engine with only 9,000 miles use. Brought back from garage and 100 miles on had exactly same smell, took back to garage and water bottle was full of oil. Had the oil coolant system cleaned and a new oil cooler fitted. Did 60 miles & smell re-appeared, back to garage, oil in coolant, coolant system flushed and had new seal fitted on oil cooler, did 60 miles, smell back, again oil in coolant. Also have had new radiator fitted. The coolant guage never goes above half way apart from when the thermostat housing was blown off on the original engine. Does anybody know what the problem might be, it's already cost me £1,500 plus the cost of the engine and I just seem to keep paying out to the garage.
Rover 75 2.0L v6 oil problem - Civic8
Where did you get the engine from?.It sounds like this engine is suffering the same problem
--
Steve