Honda Jazz alloys - CheapNcheerfull
I know the subject of alloys has been discussed many times here but I have a specific issue with the alloys on my Jazz. Has any other Jazz driver/s with alloys noticed that the alloy has started to corrode from the centre badge out. This has started to happen on all 4 of mine and would only be put down to a manufacter/design fault ? I do try an take car of them (same cannot be said of the wife) and when she has scraped them on the kerb I have always been quick to lacquer over any damage and this has been limited to the outer edge only. Be interested to know if anyone else has the same problem as my car is still under warranty and I intend to contact Honda about it.
Honda Jazz alloys - blue_haddock
I don't know if Toyota and Honda use the same wheel manufacturers but we have a big problem with corroding alloy wheels and it's a fairly easy and straightforward process to get them changed under warranty
Honda Jazz alloys - Avant
What on earth is the point of alloy wheels on a Jazz anyway? It's a great car, one of the best superminis, but it's not a sports car and it was designed to do a job. I can't for the life of me see what difference alloy wheels are going to make to the appearance of this type of car.

SWMBO's last car was a Jazz SE, with steel wheels which came as standard: she did indeed scrape a wheel (it's always the nearside front, isn't it!) and a replacement trim was a fraction of the cost of a new alloy. Now she's done it to the Civic type S, which you can't have without the wretched things.
Avant,

A personal thing but I think the Jazz looks better with the alloys, that said it is the only positive things for alloys as the weight of a steel wheel these days is much lighter than before, the only reason I choose an SE Sport is the fact that it has extra airbags and that was the only way I could have this safety feature, mind you having used an SE for a while I'm glad I have the intermittent rear wipe on the Sport, a minor matter but so annoying when you don't have it !! I agree with you though not a Sports car, but so many claim to be these days ?
Honda Jazz alloys - doctorchris
I believe that the alloys on a Jazz are 15in. rather than 14in. for steel wheels. This means a lower proflie tyre on the alloys leading to an even harsher ride. Not a good idea.
Honda Jazz alloys - nortones2
The alloys on my Civic Type S have been changed twice due to corrosion, in this case from the inner edges. Seems the lacquer coverage fails at the sharp edge of the casting. No argument by the dealer. As the car is just over two years old, and the replacement set is starting to go (no kerbing so far!) I'll have to time the request for the next, and final, warranty replacement carefully.
Honda Jazz alloys - Bill Payer
I'll have to time the request for the next, and final, warranty replacement carefully.

I think this is (another) good example of where the warranty is irrelevant.
Refer to the Sales of Goods act - w'tee and guarantee don't matter (they are 'in addition to your statutory rights').
Goods need to be 'of satisfactory quality'. I don't see how anyone could argue that wheels that corrode after a year meet those requirements.
BP: I agree entirely with your point on the legal side, but a) its easier via the warranty, b) I don't have to bone up on the law at this stage, whilst in waranty and c) I'm intending to change the vehicle. Something reliable, but probably not Honda. As for the life-span of the wheels appearance - corrosion appears after a couple of months - not good.
Nortones 2

Did they simply give you a new set or did the switch the tyres over and keep the old ones ?
They kept the old ones after their local tyre-fitter swapped the tyres. I know that they kept them as I returned them - found a full set of used alloys in my boot! I suspect they have them refurbished - which might be a topic for discussion when I return to the dealer! If they haven't any NOS, they can always fit the newer 16" wheels and matching tyres if they like.