David Beckham's Hummer - Roger Jones
I was pleased to see in HJ's column yesterday the photograph of David Beckham's Hummer, which made me laugh out loud when I saw it in the Mail earlier in the week. Have you ever seen anything more ridiculous in your motoring life?
David Beckham's Hummer - Pugugly {P}
Ohhhhhh Noooooo
David Beckham's Hummer - ihpj
A Hummer on UK roads? Well yess, it is a rediculous sight to behold - but in the land of the 'truck' (well SUV) these things aren't that bad, especially when you consdier that the US Government gives you a 'tax break' if you buy a 'car' over 6.5 tonnes - thus helping you offset the cost of the car from time of purchase to resell some eyars later. They positively encourage the use, manufacture and retail of such beasts and hand out 'tax breaks' to those woho will buy them :)

I wish I could have a 2004 Ford Expedition here in the UK...
DB is free to spend his money on what he wants. What scares me is all the wannabee Beckhams out there they will want to copy their godlet. Wider longer parking bays at your local Tesco....?
David Beckham's Hummer - Roger Jones
Hummer, schmummer - it's the ultra-low-profile tyres that amuse me, especially as they are so comically out of tune with the macho-bulk of the vehicle. My bro-in-law suggests that it's because his PR manager advised him to keep a low profile . . .
David Beckham's Hummer - frazerjp
Yeh i would like to see a Hummer get into a multi-story car-park, it might just cause a jam from behind!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
David Beckham's Hummer - Dude - {P}
With the environmental pressures on CO2 levels increasing at an escalating level, it is high time America were coerced into complying with the Kyoto protcol and banned these totally ridiculous vehicles.

As far as D.B. is concerned, unfortunately he would never of heard of Kyoto, let alone realise that he has a responsibility to his "fans", to set a prudent example.

The only consolation is that most of his fan club could`nt afford to buy a Reliant 3 wheeler let alone a Hummer.!!!!!
David Beckham's Hummer - codefarm
>>>it is high time America were coerced into complying<<<

Good luck!!!
David Beckham's Hummer - ihpj
>>>it is high time America were coerced into complying<<<
Good luck!!!

Indeed, first they would have to stop buying 'gas' by the gallon, and meter it per LITRE like the rest of the world ;)
What difference would that make ? Long live imperial measures (I know that an US gallon is less than an imperial one)The US is in sole charge of proper words like ounces, pounds,gallons and quarts.
David Beckham's Hummer - tyre tread
They'd be able to increase the price of "gas" by a greater margin without the public realisng like they have been dioing in the UK for years.

Diesel has recently risen in my local station by 4p per litre - no-one seems to care until you point out that related to 18p a gallon or about £2.00 a tankful . As I use 2 tankfulls a week on my commute...................
David Beckham's Hummer - Tomo
Well, it's up to David Beckham. If I had the price of that machine I'd buy a completely different animal, which some of you might find ridiculous too. I doubt if David Beckham would mind!
David Beckham's Hummer - Imagos
You guys are missing the point.. like most flash cars it's his/their status symbol of wealth. (bless 'em)
David Beckham's Hummer - mjm
If the stories about the conception of Brooklyn and Romeo are true, perhaps they want to call the next one Hummer, and needed the room to manoevre!
or Bridgestone.
David Beckham's Hummer - WhiteTruckMan
Have
you ever seen anything more ridiculous in your motoring life?

Heck yes! At the top of the M606 into bradford theres a petrol station that very often has a white stretched hummer limo parked on it! Only ever saw it on the road once and it was stuck on the hard shoulder of the M62 near manchester. (possibly trying to flag down a passing petrol tanker)

WTM
BiL "borrowed" one of these when he was out in the Gulf, he cheerfully gave it back, preferring the "office" Landie. A man of breeding and class by the way.
David Beckham's Hummer - daveyjp
I saw the stretched one in Bradford last week - he pulled out in front of another vehicle almost causing an accident.
David Beckham's Hummer - Arty
Beckingham Palace seems to have a fascination for American bling bling culture.

He should get a Lincoln Navigator or Caddy Escalade to go with the Hummer.
David Beckham's Hummer - Chad.R
DB is not the only "celebrity" to own a Hummer, Chris Eubank turned up to court in his recently - well at least he has a HGV license ;-)

David Beckham's Hummer - Dynamic Dave
For anyone that hasn't yet seen the silly wheels on Beckham's Hummer H2.

tinyurl.com/4pf7s
tinyurl.com/3j8c5

No doubt there are better pictures out there, but it's all I could find with a quick search.
David Beckham's Hummer - Big Bad Dave
Wow that really is awful. It?s got stage coach wheels. I like Hummers personally but a 4x4 should have really big big big bouncy tyres. Remember the Fall Guy? Fantastic!
David Beckham's Hummer - Ex-Moderator
Nothing to do with having a hummer on british roads or not, that's up to him.

But you have to say, that is one ugly/silly looking vehicle.
David Beckham's Hummer - Altea Ego
OMG - That is trully hideous! Does he really have that little taste? Its a joke surely!
David Beckham's Hummer - trancer
No-one probably cares, but that isn't a Hummer. Its a bit like calling a focus, a Mondeo simply because both vehicles are made by and recognized as Fords. The vehicle in the pictures is an H2 which is made by GM, which bought the rights to the Hummer name plate, using a more common GM SUV platform. The original "HMMWV" (High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) was more commonly refered to as "Hummer". These were military specification vehicles produced by AM General for the US government and later adapted to civilian spec and simply known as the Hummer.

GM continue to produce the orginal Hummer, but now refer to it as the H1.

David Beckham's Hummer - Chad.R
Since there is more than 1 model of "Hummer" nowadays, to use your own analogy, would not "Hummer" now be the equivalent of "Ford" and "H1" and "H2" be "Focus" and "Mondeo"?

Just curious...as usual
David Beckham's Hummer - trancer
There is always a simpler way of saying something...too bad I never actually do it. But to nitpick, "hummer" is usually reserved for the original vehicle as it had that name long before any H1 and H2 nonsense came about. The newer smaller one is known as the H2.

David Beckham's Hummer - PW
Followed a Ford F350 pick up last week. Had a twin wheel rear axle and was huge. Much bigger than the H2 also saw round town. Filled the carriageway, and needed more than one lane on a roundabout.

Sounded horrible- sounded like the pick up was suffering from flatulence.
David Beckham's Hummer - Mudguts
People do what they are told these days: If someone decides low profile tyres are in, we must have them. That H2 looks stupid; the first thing it reminded me of was a Victorian pram!

I saw a Porsche Boxster today, at traffic lights; the tyres were probably no lower in profile than the average Mondeo. If the Porsche doesn't need stupid low profile tyres why on earth would a H2?

...Just the same as Burberry baseball caps: They say more about the wearer than any amount of stickers or badges pronouncing: "I'm a pink fluffy dice"!

Actually like a couple of my favourites, changing to low profile tyres should be encouraged: Lots of cheap part worn tyres for those on a budget and more work for tyre fitters and companies.

It's another tax on the stupid.
Saw a beautiful silver Mk3 Disco at the weekend. Probably the best 4x4 (for off road use you know) you can buy in the real world - totally spoilt by some bicycle tyred wheels which would reduce its ride qualtiy to that of a rickshaw and its off road ability to that of an unicycle. LR should have refused to sell it to them.
David Beckham's Hummer - PhilW
"totally spoilt by some bicycle tyred wheels"
Seems to be the fashion with Shoguns round us at the moment - can't see the point I'm afraid since not only does it ruin the off road capability but also even if you never go off road it looks daft