Help!! Pug 306 popularity - Avantra
I was offered an L reg Pug 306 for the grand sum of a £108, it is going ok and probably will last a year or so, but by searching this board I get the impression it is the most popular car to talk about!! is my observation is correct?. Can my £108 will last me longer if I get something like another banger in the court a G reg VW Polo with 66k miles and one year MOT (last owner was 75 old and had it for 12 years) which is offered for the same price? I am not mechanically minded girl at all so be gentle with me.
Help!! Pug 306 popularity - Avant
No connection with me but it's a nice nom de plume - you must tell us how you came to it. Mine is very boring - just refers to the car (which fortunately isn't boring)!

I think that at this age you need to go for whatever appears sound and will pass its next MOT - make and model are less important than condition. At £108 you haven't much to lose, and if it's going well and sounds healthy you've got a bargain.

There are quite a few who like the 306 - arguably much better to look at, and no worse to drive, than the 307 which came after it.

The Polo may equally be OK but watch out in case it has spent the last few years on short journeys. If so it could be fairly clapped out - or ausgeklappt as it's German.

Good luck!
Help!! Pug 306 popularity - Andrew-T
As a devotee of 205s and 306s, I am tempted to say that you will be delighted with your purchase. But it would be more accurate to expext that at 11 years old, it could be brilliant or a disaster, depending on how it has been driven and maintained. If you can't nswer that question, you pays your money ... You might ask why it is a gift - maybe because other buyers have walked away from it.