Bought a car at auction!! - AK76
Well thanks for the couple of posts last week regards V5 docs at auction - there were quite a few cars with no V5 surprisingly

Anyhow, went to Blackbushe and bought an Alfa 156 1.8TS - 00X 77k miles - £2600!! absolutely chuffed to bits.

Full Service History. Electric everything, remote locking and climate. Cambelt done at 69k miles. Only due a minor service now. 1 previous owner - lease company. MOT till August 2005.

Superb to drive with a real growl at 4000rpm. Really comfy, nice handling, goes well and hasnt drunk the all the fuel i've put in.

The only downside is that its white!! Now not everyones cup of tea but its really growing on me. My first car 10 years ago was white and i really dont mind it. Just other peoples views. Perhaps thats why its £1100 under trade price! Anyway its not too bad at all a colour and overall i am chuffed to bits.

Gave it a polish and a good vac and its superb and in great nick.

Everything works,the only problems so far that have needed rectifying:

Blown number plate bulb: £0.80p
New Wipers - £18
New Valve for one tyre - £5

and, er, thats it!....

So far so good. Just waiting to see if the cynics are right. I'll keep you updated.
Bought a car at auction!! - Stuartli
You've clearly been to a proper auction rather than a back street setup, done your homework and got one of the best looking cars on the road.

Enjoy it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Bought a car at auction!! - Pugugly {P}
it is a thouroughbred regardless of colour. Get a nice glossy coat of red for 1100 quid if you were that fussed. Enjoy it.