Lotus Elise warning.... - Leon on Derv
A strange thing happened to me on Thursday. I nearly reversed over a Lotus Elise.

To spare the details - I was sitting in on-steet parking. I reversed back slightly and bumped something. First thoughts were I had knocked over a small child or dog, as I didn't see anything in the rear view mirror.

When I got out of the car I discoverd I had bumped into a Lotus Elise which was parked close behind me, my rear window being reasonbly high, I just could not see it.

A stunningly attractive brunette female stepped out of the car for a look while I explained how I had came to hit her car. Neither of us could see any damage to either car thankfully. She told me her dad had commented that he almost did the same thing to her car. That made me feel slightly less foolish.

I was shocked by two things - firstly her attitude - very amicable, and reasonable. She actually apologied for "parking me in". Secondly just how completely invisbile those cars are when they are parked behind you. If your parking sensor beeps and you cant see the obstruction - stick your head out the window and check it may just be an Elise!!!

Leon
Lotus Elise warning.... - PW
Hi Leon,

From your name do you drive a Seat? If so nearly did the same thing to an MGF in my old Cordoba for exactly the same reason.

Both backing out of opposing car park bays, and only realised she was there as reversed enough to appear in wing mirrors. Was close though.
Lotus Elise warning.... - SjB {P}
Doesn't explain how ten years ago I came within a fag packet of reversing in to the side of my brother's 'small' (ahem!) VW Sharan, though! ;-)

Jeez it was cloooooose when I climbed out, and THEN noticed the Sharan was opposite the driveway! I have a reputation of being Mr Observation but this proved to me that everyone is fallable if suitably preoccupied.
Lotus Elise warning.... - VTiredeyes
was she fit sir
i mean would you like to do it sir, with her sir, would you?
ooohhhhh suit you sir.
did you ask her to bend over in front of you sir, to look at the damage sir, well did you sir?
ooooohhhh suit you sir, did you bend her over sir did you?
ooohhh suit you

please excuse me, been watching fast show.
;-(