Tax disk reminders - far0n
Now is it me being cynical, or a blatant money making exercise, the fact that this is the first year I haven't received my tax reminder for the car ? Nothing to do with automatic fines by any chance ? :o(

Is it just my MOT, V5 and insurance certificate I need for one isn't it? I can never remember !
Tax disk reminders - Adam {P}
You don't need the V5.
--
Adam
Tax disk reminders - livefortheday
I thought you did now? (that is need a V5)
Tax disk reminders - blue_haddock
I've got two cars due this month and i've had reminders due for both a week or so ago.

I never needed the V5 in February so unless things have changed since then...
--
Adam
Tax disk reminders - Ex-Moderator
V5 *or* the reminder, isn't it ?
Probably. I took the reminder - they stapled the receipt to it.
--
Adam
Tax disk reminders - Chas{P}
You need all three if your reminder is missing.

I had the hassle of retaxing at a DVLA office this month for April after the following events:

V5c sent off for change of address and not received back from DVLA.

Car Tax reminder received at old address but my ex wifes's new puppy chewed it up.

Result:
Trip to 'local' DVLA office with MOT, insurance and V10 plus V62 forms completed. Had to pay £19 for a replacement V5c.

Job done after a 50 mile round trip to Northampton DVLA.
Tax disk reminders - Bromptonaut
Too cynical I think. Received our reminder for 31 March expiry a couple of weeks ago.
Sorry. Although come on- you weren't really going to do what I said were you?

::sneaks off into the corner.
--
Adam
Tax disk reminders - L'escargot
Sounds like it probably got lost in the post.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Tax disk reminders - RichardW
I got a reminder for mine AFTER the tax expired... I had only bought it 3 weeks earlier I suppose, but I had the V5c. Interestingly if you have the new V5c, you don't need to fill in the form if you haven't got a reminder, they just scan the barcode on the V5c and away you go (well, after you've coughed the cash up anyway!)
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Tax disk reminders - SjB {P}
Thanks for the tax disc reminder. ;-)

Reading the thread title made me remember that the tax disc I ordered over the web two weeks before February 28th expiry of the last one was still sitting in the glove box ready to be fitted...
Tax disk reminders - loopyjen
I got a tax disc reminder in November even though my tax didnt run out until the end of December. I'm still not sure how it happened but the DVLA thought that my tax disc ran out at the end of November, which it definately didnt.

Like I said, I'm still not sure how that mix up happened!
Tax disk reminders - AlanGowdy
I wish they'd send out MOT reminders.
Tax disk reminders - WhiteTruckMan
I wish they'd send out MOT reminders.

I dont know if its a universal thing because I've used the same place for mots for a few years now but whenever I go for an mot (correction, whenever one passes!) I get a little 2 inch square blue sticker with the triangular logo of the ministry on and a white strip on which the garage writes the renewal date (or is it the expiry date-cant remember). this gets stuck in the windscreen just under the tax disc so that the occupants can read it. not visible from the outside. fantastic glue on them as well, as I cannot get the old ones off at all. dont want to try a solvent as dont want to stink the car out and too frightened to try a hot air gun.

Anyhow, never thought about it, but do all garages do this or is it just a volentary thing?

WTM
Tax disk reminders - martint123
A voluntary thing I believe.
But checking VOSA web site:-

Implementation date
All MOT tests conducted after 1st March 2003 that result in a pass must a have a windscreen reminder completed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Tax disk reminders - Stargazer {P}
As you say, Hmmmmm

3 MOT tests since that date and not a single blue sticker or other reminder date. (2 main dealers and one local MOT only garage).

StarGazer
Tax disk reminders - just a bloke
I enter the dates of significance in Outlook calender. My PC reminds me of all significant events in advance now. I'd rather not have little stickers in my windscreen :-) mind you my MOT station DOES put the reminders in.

JaB