Honda Jazz/Fit airbag light - T Lucas
Just collected a 1.4 auto 2003 from the docks for wifey and the airbag light is staying on.
Anyone know how to check the codes or just reset the light?Otherwise it will be a visit to my local friendly Honda dealer.
Seems like a clever piece of design from Honda,nicely put together,smooth cvt auto.
Thanks in advance.
Honda Jazz/Fit airbag light - grease monkey
a visit to the dealer to connect the car to the "HDS" im afraid,normally on the jazz a flat battery is the culprit for putting the airbag light on. although if you have access to other types of diagnostic testers ,some can also turn off airbag lights..
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Honda Jazz/Fit airbag light - Manatee
I do not know if the same applies to the Jazz but the following works on a CRV (cut and pasted from the internet source when I had this problem). It refers to a yellow plug in the "fuse box" under the steering column - remove the plug to see the terminals in the plug (there are none in the box, it just plugs in to keep it tidy) and insert a length of wire into each so that you can short/unshort the terminals at will. If the dealer won't reset it free, it's probably worth a try. If it doesn't reset the light, then there could be a problem - I'm told that a frequent culprit is the "clock ring" at the top of the steering column but the fault code would confirm this.

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.

-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.

-Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.

-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.

-Turn the ignition off.

-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.

This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

Should take 15 seconds or so for the whole procedure.