Tigra valuation - Richie_green
Hi

I am looking at trading in my N Reg Tigra 1.4 which has 111k on the clock. Does anyone have a realistic valuation of the car at part ex? I have been on parkers and other sites and the general idea is around the £1500 mark.

However, I have been to a local dealer whom has only offered £1250. It is is good condition and is the Ltd Verde edition so thought it would be worth slightly more. I am not sure if this is the actual market price or if the dealer is just trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks

Richard
Tigra valuation - Stuartli
It would depend on the price of the vehicle for you are seeking to part exchange your Tigra.

If you are looking at a £5k buy than the PX offered will obviously be less than for a £10k or £15k vehicle.

Keep haggling and, if not satisfied, say thank you politely and walk away. You'll be surprised just how often a salesman will call you back with an even better offer than "my final offer" of a few minutes earlier.

My mate buys two "new" secondhand cars every three years and the first time he did so, asked me to accompany him.

I suggested, when we arrived at a large car supermarket, that he worked on the salesman for a PX deal on his car alone; this he did and, eventually, was reasonably satisfied with the deal.

He then followed up my rider earlier that he mentioned that he actually wanted two cars - as a result he got even better prices for the deal all round.

At that point my mate said he would "think it over" and, if happy, would make contact the next day. Within an hour of arriving home, the dealership contacted him by phone with a further improved deal and he accepted immediately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Tigra valuation - Ex-Moderator
Good advice from Stuart. Only thing I would add is that you must be prepared to truly walk away - not just pretend to and then return 5 minutes later.

Tigra valuation - blue_haddock
It is is good condition and is the Ltd
Verde edition so thought it would be worth slightly more.

I've just had a look in Glass's and the verde edition is worth fifty quid less than the standard tigra that it's based on!

Providing the car you buying has reasonable discount i would take the offer from the dealer, the money he is offering is bang on the guide and i bet if i looked in CAP which is better for this age of vehicle the price would be about a grand if not under considering the miles done.

Tigra valuation - bartycrouch
I've just had a look in Glass's and the verde edition
is worth fifty quid less than the standard tigra that it's
based on!

I'm not suprised as some editions did not have a good reputation. The yellow "MTV Summertime" edition, for example, was renowned for its poor quality paintwork. The later Chequers and Marine editions have colours that suit the car better.

If the car is in decent nick it would make sense to sell it privately to some young person now that spring is in the air....