Volvo V70 2.0T - SlightlyFatRep
A collegue has just been offered a V70 on a '04 plate with less than 10k on the clock from a main dealer in S spec with the 2.0T engine. This will be used as a company car.

We have negotiated to £16,500 which to me seems a cracking deal.

I am not familiar with the engine though. Anyone tried one that can give me feed-back? Is it smooth, economical (in the real world - I ignore the 'Combined' figures).

I am doing calculations on tax for him tonight and would love to know how to find out it's list price in March 2004. Any ideas?
Volvo V70 2.0T - BazzaBear {P}
Anything like a parkers or what car price guide should list the price when new.
Volvo V70 2.0T - SjB {P}
The 2.0T engine is offered in many markets as a replacement for the 2.4 (non turbo). The latter has 170BHP@6000RPM and 225NM@4500RPM whereas the 2.0T (a light pressure turbo) has 180BHP@5300RPM and 240NM torque from 2200-5300RPM.

As you can see, the smaller engine, with the turbo, is actually both the more flexible companion and the one with the bigger punch outright. It also spins beautifully sweetly, whilst still making that fabulous Volvo five pot growl.

My father has the 2.4 in his S80, and it has to be worked quite hard to make good progress, though it again is very refined.

So, a V70 with a 2.0T is going to go quite well, but it isn't a rocket ship. Conclusion: great engine and suits the car quite well, though not the pick of the range (D5 for outright economy or 2.5T for best performance/flexibility/economy compromise)
Volvo V70 2.0T - SlightlyFatRep
Many thanks for that. Parkers list the car at £18k from a dealer so the price is good.

The engine sounds like a better choice than the 2.4, which a collegue has in his V70 (it drinks like a thirsty alcoholic!) so we will buy this today.

The D5's hold their value so well that they were sadly way out of the price league.

Cheers!
Volvo V70 2.0T - SjB {P}
My pleasure. If your colleague is even half as happy with their V70 as I am with mine, they will still be very happy indeed.