Comedic driving - teabelly
I saw an amusing sight yesterday. A 1 litre fiat panda with a canoe on the roof trying to intimidate an HGV! We were on an A road going towards the M5 in Devon and this little panda was sitting up the backside of this HGV for several miles. It can't have been more than 8 feet away at some points. He had previously been sitting right up behind me and whizzed, well inched, passed in the crawler lane on a previous hill. I had to lift off as otherwise he would not actually have made it passed me, I was feeling unusually generous. I was tempted just to accelerate and just put a car length between me and him as he was going up the hill as he would have never been able to regain it up this hill at all ;-)

You should have seen it creep slowly by the HGV up the crawler lane. It took the entire distance of the hill to manage it. Engine bouncing off the limiter I'd imagine; as the new panda is hardly aero dynamic at the best of times, let alone with a huge canoe stuck on the top! He tried the same trick with a bmw but the bmw for some strange reason didn't want to let him get passed.....
teabelly
Comedic driving - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
>It can't have been more than 8 feet away at some points.

More likely is that he was so close the HGV could not see him.
Comedic driving - Garethj
I was very disappointed to open this thread and not find Frank Spencer reversing a Morris Minor over a cliff.
Comedic driving - BazzaBear {P}
Maybe he was sticking behind the HGV to reduce the wind noise from the canoe?
Comedic driving - teabelly
Any closer and I think he could have stashed the canoe in the back of the HGV and perched the car in the cab :-)
teabelly
Comedic driving - L'escargot
Maybe he was sticking behind the HGV to reduce the wind
noise from the canoe?

Or trying to get an aerodynamic tow? (!) ;-)
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.