Cowboy country - doctorchris
Just heard the following tale today about a lady motorist I know.
She was driving in the Lobley Hill area of Gateshead when 2 cars came towards her at speed, racing each other. The first car swerved and avoided her, but as she turned, shaking her fist at him the second car hit her head-on.
Driver of the first car drove off. 2 people in the other car ran off. The lady panicked and legged it also. On coming to her senses she returned to find another motorist guarding her car as the locals had started to loot it. She couldn't find her phone so asked this gentleman to take her to a phone box where she phoned the police.
On returning to her car minutes later the locals had set fire to the car she had collided with, her car had caught fire and was written off.
Cowboy country or what?
(p.s. lady driver was unharmed, just emotionally shaken and has just bought a Mercedes M class for extra protection)
Cowboy country - frostbite
Auditioning for Shameless?
Cowboy country - madf
Driving without due care and attention (not looking, shaking her fist) = cowgirl?

madf

Cowboy country - trancer
That must have been an incredible state of panic to run off and leave your own car after someone crashed into you. Unless she wasn't legal etc.
Cowboy country - Pugugly {P}
Quite sensible to run away - she obviously made an accurate dynamic risk assesment.
Cowboy country - nortones2
Can't see what extra protection an M class would give, as its rather like flaunting jewellery at the cowboys: loaded driver, self service available.....Not to mention lower dodgeability factor.
Cowboy country - hillman
If she is going to drive through that area again I would recommend that she buys a Hummer.
Cowboy country - BobbyG
Some bits of this "tale" don't add up.

If car 1 swerved to avoid her and it was racing car 2, then I am assuming car 1 was on the wrong side of the road?
Then how did she manage to have a head on collision with car 2 unless she herself managed to swerve across the road?
Then why would she run away from an accident in the big brute of a car she bought to protect herself in?

Mmm, something fishy me thinks....
Cowboy country - Blue {P}
I know that Gateshead has some slightly rough areas, like any town, but I'll be suprised if at least some of that story isn't exaggerated, it just seems too over the top.

Blue
Cowboy country - Pugugly {P}
Wehay an Urban Myth perhaps.
Cowboy country - Dwight Van Driver
Whees been on the Ny kastle broon like?

Divn't tak this as gospel.

DVD