2000 Ford Fiesta Remote Central Locking - chronyx
Hi guys,

My remote central locking has packed in on my Fiesta. I have tried a new battery in the key fob, but with no lock. This literally happened out of the blue - In the morning it worked - when I got to work, nothing!

I have a horrible feeling this may get expense so if there is anything I can check myself please let me know.

Thanks
2000 Ford Fiesta Remote Central Locking - Mondeo lad
Hi, It might be the fuse for the central locking has blown.
Central Locking still works, luckily - just not the remote central locking.
2000 Ford Fiesta Remote Central Locking - elekie&a/c doctor
could be key needs re-syncronising.Handbook shows you how to do it.Ignition on /off 4 times within 6 secs.ignition off,wait for tone ,you now have 10 secs to program key.press any button on key & wait for confirmation tone.Ignition back on ends program
could be key needs re-syncronising.Handbook shows you how to do it.Ignition
on /off 4 times within 6 secs.ignition off,wait for tone ,you
now have 10 secs to program key.press any button on key
& wait for confirmation tone.Ignition back on ends program

Thanks for the suggestion - I thoguht that would be it - although the manual seems to indicate resynchronisation is only necessary if the key will not start the car.

Is that method above for just the RCL? For resyncing my key, the manual describes a procedure needing two keys - although this seems to be for new keys that have not been coded at all.

Cheers guys for comments so far. Can't believe this - only had it 3 days :'(
All sorted - I did, in fact have to reprogram the key.

Luckily I have a Ford TIS Cd which confirmed this needs to be done for remote locking as well. A strange omission for the manual.