Paint for brake drums - Focus - Waino
I'm sure there has been a previous thread about this - but I can't find it. The rust on the rear brake drums on our Focus Chic looks 'orrible through the 3x2 spoke alloys. I tried painting the drums with old motorcycle cylinder black - which looked good for about 6 months, but now the rust is showing through again. Can someone remind me, please, of the availability of suitable paints?
Many thanks.
Paint for brake drums - Focus - storme
goto halfords,or equivalent

and get the proper epoxy paint..bout £20...normally red...
it takes a while but lasts longer than 6 mnths :)
Paint for brake drums - Focus - Dynamic Dave
I'm sure there has been a previous thread about this -

Funny you should say that ;o)

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23895
Paint for brake drums - Focus - martint123
Use black or something though - nothing looks sadder than 'flash' painted drums behind alloys.

Paint for brake drums - Focus - L'escargot
If you used the brakes hard enough might you get a "blued" finish? Nice.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Paint for brake drums - Focus - Waino
Thanks for the replies and for the link. It'll have to be black - anything else wouldn't look right. The motorcycle cylinder black that I used was made by Hammerite - but it was at least 30 years old! I've got some much younger black Hammerite Smooth that I'll try next when the weather warms up.

Paint for brake drums - Focus - madf
I used Hammerite silver smooth on Fiesta's front calipers and rear drums 3 years ago (car was 1 year old then). Quick wire brush was all the preparation they got.

Still no rust.. looks as when painted - apart from Copperease on rear drums which has melted and spread over drum face.. better that than having alloy wheels stick on (paint or no paint).

madf

Paint for brake drums - Focus - Cliff Pope
Spray-on domestic stove paint. Cheap, very heat resistant. If it rust after 6 months, give it another quick squirt.