Thanks to all on the A390 East Cornwall - Hugo {P}
Recently I have been working on a property that is on the main Road, and I mean bang on the main road, just before some traffic lights going into the village of Gunnislake from Tavistock.

There is no garden. The only outside area for this property is the walkway outside its front door. There is abolutely no undeveloped land to this property at all.

So, unloading and loading is a bit of a lottery with traffic etc. I have to pull up on the other side of the road opposite the property and run the gauntlet of light controlled traffic.

I have to say I am amazed at the patience shown by the drivers. Drivers of goods vehicles of all shapes and sizes are the most helpful but car drivers without exception on this job have been courtious. They have left me plenty of room to carry materials into and out of the van safely. A chap even waved me on when traffic had slowed because of a lorry.

Again, a big thanks to all for helping to make my job easier.

H
Thanks to all on the A390 East Cornwall - Wilco {P}
Ah.......so it was you!!

:o)
Yup

Tailbacks for miles as my van was parked not quite at the side ;)

H
Thanks to all on the A390 East Cornwall - Pugugly {P}
Might be worth writing an open letter in the local press - you never know you might get more trade out of it !
Thanks to all on the A390 East Cornwall - sir_hiss
Nice to see drivers being courtious on the old Gunnislake hill. I lived there for a number of years back in the 80's and early 90's so know it all too well. I somehow think you post would have been of a different tone if this was mid summer :)
Thanks to all on the A390 East Cornwall - frazerjp
It would be interesting to see what would happen if it was somewhere in Central London for instance, i think the drivers reactions would be totally diferent Hugo!!

--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Frazer, I think you're right!

Sir Hiss, you're also right about the summer traffic.

When I was working on the same property last year I had only one beligerant driver who insisted on blocking my access to the drivers door of the van. She took great delight in having done this, much to the embarresment of her passenger. I suppose she just felt I had no right to exist as I was driving a scruffy van and was onviously up to no good.

Some of it may be due to having the new van. I don't know.

PU, that's a great Idea ;)

H