help, what is wrong - VTiredeyes
Just wanted to know if i have a problem?
i have come out of having company cars for 8 years, and have had 10 different cars in 2004.
it is now 2005 and i have had my megane for 1 month.
i am now bored of it.
have i got a strange new disease? please help !
do you think i have a mental problem?

i cant really afford to keep doing this.
think i have lost around £13K in total.
its not fair to my wife and kids. maybe i just need a good kicking around the floor? shall we have a meet and you lot could sort me out?

help, what is wrong - Adam {P}
Yes Mr Eyes and I think it's my duty to relieve you of your car so you can overcome your problem.

:-)
--
Adam
help, what is wrong - Bill Payer
If you're going to keep doing this then you might be better getting cars on short term lease/PCP.
Don't know how common they are, but a neighbour of mine gets (as it happens) Renaults but he is not allowed to go over 10K miles (which takes him 3-4 mths) then he gets a new one. I guess for the manufacturer it's not much different then pre-registering.
help, what is wrong - teabelly
Nope nothing wrong, you just keep buying the wrong car! Try something italian, preferably with a v6 :-) Alternatively buy a subaru impreza wrx sportwagon. Sensible, practical and guaranteed not to bore you.

It may of course be a symptom of an underlying boredom with life in general. In that case go out and do something you haven't done before or go somewhere you haven't been to. Or you could buy a second car for fun and stick with what you have for everyday motoring.
teabelly
He had a Scooby STi Teabelly. I'm don't think the Sportwagon would impress him too much!
--
Adam
Oh dear. What car is there out there for someone that has had everything and hasn't been impressed by any of it? A month with an allegro or mini metro might get things into perspective!
teabelly
help, what is wrong - mare
Not 100% sure whether your thread is TiC or not.

Assuming that you have just woken up to the fact that you've spent a lot of time and money on new cars, let's suggest that maybe it's the novelty of being able to pick and choose your own car after being restricted getting the better of you.

The easiest way to stem any future losses is to stick with the Megane. For a long time. And keep away from car showrooms!

Seriously though, i can understand how going from having no / limited choice to having a damn good fuel / car allowance deal (as you outlined on the advert for the Impreza) can give you a feeling of "wow, i can have any car i want" and buying that car. and another car, oh go on, one more. If you seriously think that you are in this cycle, and you're getting flak at home about it, then yes seek help. Or at least find a less expensive hobby.

HTH
help, what is wrong - bartycrouch
I think he is in denial. Admit to yourself the car you really want Vtiredeyes.

help, what is wrong - keo-the-dog
tend to agree with teabelly , buy a car that is horrible and old and set a target of say six months with that car, should bring it all back into perspective ... it is nice to be able to change though and i have much the same illness albeit with older cars and i still tend to keep them i just buy more, tend to get rid when i realise i haven't driven that car in the last six months...cheers...keo
thanks you lot for the wonderful replies.
and no its not TIC.

i am looking at the bmw coupe cd now.
that is one sexy looking car.
would have to have the se not sport, as my sport 320d tourer was like driving with no air in tyres.
now, what do you reckon the 320cd auto so i can be lazy or the 330cd manual so still get some mpg, but nice and quick when i want it to be.

J_christ, im doing it again, see what i mean.
im also trying to convince the wife to move house and not have the extension as well.

some of you must be right, in i have too much time on my hands.
when im real busy at work i dont get time to think about cars/houses.

i guess the wife should be happy i dont want to trade her in yet for a younger/newer model (now that was tic ;-) )
You have too much time and money mate.

I can help you with the latter. Give it to me! Problem solved.
--
Adam
I think you need a hobby :-) If you want a fast diesel then the expensive merc diesel SL thingummy goes like poop off a scoop.

Perhaps a trip round the world would help? Take the wife & the kids and spend a month going to completely different places. By the time you get back you won't be able to afford a new car :-)
teabelly
help, what is wrong - Altea Ego
yes send the wife and kids round the world, and you go somewhere else!!!
lol @ RF
i havent got that much cash for a round the world trip, maybe a 2 day trip to lake district and look round some "most haunted" houses/castles/prisons. ?

jeeeez you must think im made of money !
help, what is wrong - El Hacko
the great and occasionally therapeutic side to this site is the performance news - and not only by cars...
i agree
performance of local dealers to me.
im keeping them in business
help, what is wrong - Sofa Spud
Have all the thrills of a high-performance car without the high performance - buy an old Citroen 2CV! There are absolutely no advantages to having a 2CV now as many modern diesel hatchbacks are more economical and 'green'.

No, the challenge is to become like one of those daredevil 2CV drivers of yore, true kings of the B roads with whom it was difficult to keep up. They'd get wound up to about 68 mph and drive flat out, sailing past other cars, missing head-on collisions by inches with nil reserve of acceleration.

Only joking!!!

Cheers, Sofa Spud
help, what is wrong - PhilW
"i havent got that much cash for a round the world trip"

The £13,000 you say you have lost on swapping cars so frequently would go a fair way towards it.
help, what is wrong - blue_haddock
I've done a 7 month round the world trip for a lot less than 13k!

In fact if i had that much i'd probably still be on the beach in bali!
help, what is wrong - trancer
Nothing is wrong, you are completely normal. You are doing what I, and I suspect many others of us, would do if we could afford it. In the 8 mins it took me to get back from ASDA after playing my lotto numbers I went through about 6 different cars that would be my first purchase if I won. And no they weren't all posh and/or expensive.
help, what is wrong - bartycrouch
I was happy with my vehicle until this week when some kind soul reversed into my 4x4, so while that's being sorted out I have a diesel Rover 75, and I love it! It's a brilliant confection of a Mrs Miniver world that that never quite existed and a decent modern car.

It even makes the trip to Tesco's an event. I wonder how long I can hold out before buying one.
help, what is wrong - Avant
Mrs Miniver - yes, that's exactly the aura of the inside of a Rover 75. It's like what one imagines the decor would be in a 1930s / 1940s front parlour - the sort of room that was never used unless Great-Aunt Bertha visited, or there was a death in the family (or both).

It's a sort of sepia colour that personally I couldn't live with but some people love.

Anyone know if that wood is real or not? I suspect it isn't, as if it is, why make it look so fake?
help, what is wrong - NowWheels
Dear Mr TiredEyes

We have consulted the experts about the symptoms you descibe, and they conclude unanimously that you have a severe case of Itchy Chequebook Syndrome[1].

This disease is progressive if left untreated, and can be dangerously debilitating[2].

However, the good news is that a very effective cure is available. It can be readily applied without prescription, and takes effect immediately.

The treatment is simply to hand over to your wife all control over your finances: bank accounts, chequebooks, credit cards etc. The effct is instantaneous ...

Yours,
Dr NoWheels

References:

[1] Simpson, Homer, 1942

[2] Micawber, Mr, 1865
lmbo
thanks for that Dr NoWheels
but then we would be broke even more and have to buy extra wardrobes to keep her new clothes/shoes/mobile phones in.
maybe i should give accounts to my daughter (8)
(she likes to save, and shops round for cheapest books/sweets/etc.)
help, what is wrong - Happy Blue!
I suffer from the same syndrome although i tend to change every 18 months. however i think about my next new car within weeks of getting my current one.

one answer is to speak to lots of leasing co's and find the latest 12 month 12,000 mile deals. i almost had an X3 bmw for less than £300pcm.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
help, what is wrong - NowWheels
Hi TiredEyes

It sounds like your daughter is the one! I can just imagine her trying persuade mum and dad that it's perfectly fair for both of you to get same weekly pocket money that she gets ... but that she just might be persuaded to be a little more generous to whichever of you was nicest to her.

So she'd send you off to buy a cutesy little car in bubblegum pink, and you's all save even more money 'cos you'd refuse to be seen driving it :)
Espada, that is a good idea, maybe leasing would be a better idea for me.
and NoWheels, i think she would just buy all the tracy beaker stuff she could!