Micra occasionally stalling ????? - WillyWelsh
Hi all,

We have an L reg Nissan Micra 1.0 that has served us well for three years. In recent months we have a problem with the engine stalling when we come to a rest - not all the time but maybe 30 - 40%. It starts and drives OK ( but sometimes does feel a bit starved if I am honest ). I have checked the common things ( filters, plugs, doped it with Redex, taken it for a motorway blast as it does mostly school runs etc ) but can't find any obvious fault or improvement. Just recently one headlight was out and the fault was tracked to a corroded fuse. The same fuse box houses the fuse for the fuel injector and suspecting similar I cleaned, WD40ed and replaced it - no difference either !

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've searched the site and am worried about seemingly expensive airflow meters. Would I be better off sending it to auction ? Need a fix as I'd like to keep it at least another 3 months.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Pete
Micra occasionally stalling ????? - elekie&a/c doctor
the symptoms you describe could well be an airflow meter problem,but a new unit is more than the value of the car.However ,they are fairly easy to fix by any electro tech who is good with a soldering iron as they usually need dismantling & the PCB resoldering.
Micra occasionally stalling ????? - WillyWelsh
Thanks - I am also reviewing the Aussie web site mentioned in HJ's forum. Seems to be homing in on this but anyone have any other ideas.