'99 Vectra 2.0 DTI blown fuse, ECU? - cki
Hi,

Problem came about last night after having the car MOT'd. The two Front indicator bulbs had to be changed due to lost colour (relevance follows). After the MOT, pulled out onto busy road, changed up into 2nd and the car died, no warning lights other than oil light came on. Popped back to garage, they came and had a look, turned out fuse blown in fuse / relay box behind battery. there are 2 large fuses in there, both were 30 amp, front one blown. Pinched one from what was assumed to be Aircon, Started, pulled away (gently this time), blew again when changed into 3rd. Ok, got the car home by hok and by crook. Haynes is next to useless regarding this, can anyone tell me what the correct rating is for these two fuses and what they control. looking at the wiring diagram the best i can work out is that they control the ECU, borne out by the fact that the Engine management light does not come on when ignition switched on and fuse is blown (ok when fuse ok)
I am guessing i have a bit of dodgy wiring to trace but any other ideas appreciated. Car was hot from idling and fan was running at the time.

TIA
'99 Vectra 2.0 DTI blown fuse, ECU? - cki
Ok,

Problem solved, In moving one of the relay boxes (one attatched to Air filter, Fuel heater?) they must have disturbed some already worn wiring, aggravating the problem, Wire was rubbing agains block and shorting out. all resolved, just need some 30A fuses now.
'99 Vectra 2.0 DTI blown fuse, ECU? - wemyss
Useful information cki. As usual when I see something which may happen to oneself I save the thread in a special folder.