VW Polo Lost Keys - cockneycooky
My son has managed to lose both sets of keys to his 96 VW polo 1.4.CL.

It is now locked up on the drive and we have no way of getting in a moving it...great..

The car has the keys with a chip for the imobiliser (no remote fob)

Anybody help with the best and cheapest way forward..

Cheers

Dave

{post edited to show car's year as 96, not 86. DD]
VW Polo Lost Keys - storme
get the AA to break into it,,,then get the ecu number then goto the dealer for some keys,,,,,could cost you £1000
no kidding

they might say you have to replace the ecu the imobiliser the door locks the boot lock

VW Polo Lost Keys - Civic8
Rather than go to the extreme of breaking in.Give the chassis No to VW they should be able to give correct key/program it for the ecu..Cannot comment on cost.But I would not break in
--
Steve
VW Polo Lost Keys - TimR
I would consider putting him up for adoption.
VW Polo Lost Keys - Adam {P}
Forgive me but would a 1984 Polo have an ECU controlled immobiliser or is it an aftermarket one?
--
Adam
VW Polo Lost Keys - Adam {P}
1986 but my point is still the same.
--
Adam
VW Polo Lost Keys - Dynamic Dave

See if these guys can help:-

www.alarmremotes.co.uk/index.htm

VW Polo Lost Keys - cockneycooky
Sorry guys...typo...its a 96 model...yeah and if anybody is up for adoption please let me know...i will even pay..

Dave

{typo amended. DD}
VW Polo Lost Keys - Aprilia
Oh dear. If its a '96 model then you will need to involve the dealer I think. And it will not be cheap!!
VW Polo Lost Keys - storme
i didnt mean break in,,as in break something to get in

i meant that the AA can get in without hurting any thing,,,unlike a thief who would smash a window..
go see the AA man,,if your a member.....
then at least you can open the bonnet and boot for any info you need...vin number is visible from the outside,,but ecu number isnt..