Knocking noise on right turn - Rover 25 - KevDGill
Afternoon all.

A colleague at work has a Rover 25 that's a couple of years old, and it's fairly recently started making a knocking noise when she turns hard-ish right (3/4 lock to full lock). She's had it back to the dealers a few times, and it keeps coming back with the same problem. So far they've replaced the two front wheel hubs, and she's currently waiting to see if that's fixed it. The symptoms scream 'CV JOINT' to me, but they don't seem to be looking at that as a possibility, even though she's dropped it into conversation with them.

My question - am I right to assume it's the CV joint, or is it likely it could be something else? Also is it more likely that the garage have checked the CV joints first and ruled them out, or that they're just convinced it's not that?

Bit of a woolly question I know. If you need any more details I'll ask her if she knows the answers.

Cheers

-- Kev
Knocking noise on right turn - Rover 25 - KevDGill
OK scrub that. I've now heard it first hand, and it's a single bang rather than a knock, it's not just when turning right, and it's not reproducable at will. No wonder the garage are stumped. They're going to call in a Rover field engineer to have a look.

Cheers anyway.

-- Kev
Knocking noise on right turn - Rover 25 - Dynamic Dave

Could it be the suspension spring moving about on it's supporting plate?
Knocking noise on right turn - Rover 25 - Civic8
Could well be as DD said..They were common on the 213/216
--
Steve