Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - PaulR
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking to buy a new 2-litre A3 Tdi Sportback with metallic paint, full leather and 'info kit'. Quotes seem a bit inflexible and are around the £21.5k mark. Obviously demand is high and the car's new so discounts won't be that easily obtained but does anyone know where this model can be had for less? What would be a good price?

Thanks very much...
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - daveyjp
Drivethedeal will do one with about £1900 off list. My local dealer would do me a TDi SE with DSG (similar price as leather), metallic, DIS for £20,400 - almost 10% discount without asking. 12 week wait.
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - El Hacko
Probably worth waiting a few months, if you can, to see if sales do slow and discounts get bigger. I'm interested in a Sportback if Audi produce a diesel quattro with dsg, but their dealers won't say when or even if that will happen. Anyone with inside knowledge make an educated guess ?
You do have to be careful with the current spec info on the A3 and don't believe the dealers! Early info said Quattro is available on any of the vehicles for a premium - it isn't. The Golf V TDi Quattro is only available in LHD. I've also noticed that VW are putting in a 170ish bhp version of the 2.0TDi unit in the new Passat - how long before this is available in he A3?

I'm still holding on - but like computers there is never a 'right' time to buy a new car!
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - madf
"but like computers there is never a 'right' time to buy a new car!"
imo "never is the right time to buy a new car"

madf

madf It depends entirely on the deal. If a dealer offers you a brand new car with your options fitted for the same money as an ex demo with 10,000 on the clock in a colour you don't like and other extras not fitted which would you buy?
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - Ross Donald
Hi
Am like yourself looking to buy an Audi A3 Quatro with attitude, or the Golf GTI (I test drove this yesterday.... was really great!!). Have owned two GTIs in the past, and loved them. Have no experience in Audis, but advised to have a close look at them.... have you compaired the two at all, and what are your reasons for buying an Audi?
I'm 'graduating' from an A2. Had an excellent ownership experience with the A2 - great car, great dealer and am now ready for something a little larger. Considered the Golf, but the 2.0 TDi is only available in the GT spec car and subsequently costs almost the same as the A3.

If you want an A3 Quattro there are plenty of the V6 3.2s at dealerships. This model was supplied to almost all of them!
fine, but to go back to my earlier point: why not yet, or will there be, a diesel quattro version with dsg?
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - colinh
The Spanish Audi website shows a "A3 3.2 V6 250CV quattro DSG", but doesn't offer this option for the Sportsback (yet?).
Meanwhile, "germancarfans" website article on "Sportsback in depth" which is based on an Audi press release states "Direct Shift Gearbox DSG with twin clutch for 3.2 quattro, 2.0 TFSI and 2.0 TDI as optional extra: " - but no mention of UK/LHD
thanks Colin - a whiff of familiar VAG arrogance here .. why SHOULD they keep customers (even potential ones) informed! I wonder if the people at the top in the manufacturer, be it UK or Germany, ever get to hear of or read the reasoned comments on this site. T
he post earlier today from the Mondeo driver who was "unlucky" enough to drive his leased car into a VW dealer and be put off by a smug salesman, ought to appear in every company's sales training prog.
The 3.2 V6 are all Quattros and you can get one with DSG. This is the first model Sportback I saw - Wakefield Audi have it for sale at the moment.

DSG is available on the 2.0TDi, but no Quattro option in the UK yet.
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - PaulR
Many thanks to everyone who's offered an opinion. I think we're ging to go for drivethedeal - somehow their website inspires more confidence than the others. You get the impression the car might actually turn up when promised, for example.
Audi A3 Tdi Sportback - best prices? - Nellyt
I've been told by Audi fleet press department that the sportback tdi will be available to order from June for delivery in September. There seems to be a lot of guff talked about the fact that the quattro is not available with DSG on the tdi. Seems a bit odd as the 3.2 has quattro and DSG. Generally Audi are very unhelpful and their salesmen seem to know very little.

I've also been told that the golf tdi 4motion is available to order from Friday but noone can give me any prices.

I only want to buy a car. Why is it so difficult?