Skoda police car - machika
I saw a Skoda Octavia Estate police car in Derby yesterday. It is the first I have seen, I think.

Does anyone else know of other constabularies that are using Skodas now?
Skoda police car - Stuartli
No reason why the police should use Skodas - they're a VW in everything but name.

The local taxi drivers love their Octavias, both the saloon and the estate, and many travel about 200 miles up to Glasgow to get them, presumably because the price is right.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
That should, of course, read: "No reason why the police shouldn't use Skodas......"
Skoda police car - mare
Both Avon and Somerset and Wiltshire Constabularies have been using Octavia vRS hatchacks as Traffic cars for some time now. At least 18 months. Both as marked and unmarked cars.
Saw a marked Merseyside Police BMW 3 Series this morning - lots of room for prisoners in the back I presume.
Skoda police car - Hugo {P}
I can just see it now,

Various scroats point scoring about what make and model of car they received a ride in today.

H
Skoda police car - Altea Ego
British Transport Police use them
Skoda police car - Chris S
At one time the Police always bought British - has anyone ever seen a Japanese police car (in the UK)?
Skoda police car - turbo11
yes,un-marked cop car-wrx subaru !!
Skoda police car - mare
At one time the Police always bought British - has anyone
ever seen a Japanese police car (in the UK)?

By British, do you include Ford and Vauxhall? Just asking. Perhaps Peugeot 306 counts because they were built in Coventry?

As to Japanese cars, Wiltshire have at least one Honda CRV soft roader thingy. Honda have a factory in Swindon, so maybe that's a reason (local business etc).

Avon and Somerset have run a Proton (but only the one), not Japanese, but Malaysian granted. Proton's HQ is at Portbury Docks, just down the road from A&S HQ, and the first car was a trial initiated by Proton.

Do Northumberia Police run Nissans? Derbyshire Toyota's?
Skoda police car - Chris S
RE: "By British, do you include Ford and Vauxhall?"

By British I meant built in the UK, though even Rover is owned by the Chinese these days.

There seems to be a tendency for UK police forces to avoid cars from outside the EC, though I don't know why.

Skoda police car - Robbie
At one time the Police always bought British - has anyone
ever seen a Japanese police car (in the UK)?

Yes, saw a new, dark blue Honda Accord, unmarked police car. The flashing blue lights were in the radiator grill.
Skoda police car - Pugugly {P}
Japanes Cars - Yes - Subarus were used somewhere up north east England.
They corner as though on rails.
Skoda police car - GIM
'They corner as though on rails' ..... surely the transport police should use these then!!
Skoda police car - Altea Ego
'They corner as though on rails' ..... surely the transport police
should use these then!!

see post at approx 13:36
Skoda police car - turbo11
i have seen quite a few skoda estate and laguna tourer cop cars stored at the car storage facility at upper heyford(the old air base)it is quite a site seing thousands of new cars stored there on the old runways.
Skoda police car - PW
Avon and Somerset also use the estates- only found this out as one flew past me the other day (no lights or sirens on though).

Was very surprised to see this as local traffic cars seem to be mostly Mercedes E or M classes now.
Skoda police car - Aprilia
See Skoda, BMW, Mercedes, Nissan and Mitsubishi marked cars, plus unmarked Subaru. I guess they just buy what they can get a good deal on and is of an appropriate specification.
Skoda police car - bradgate
Leicestershire Constabulary run Octavia Vrs, both marked and unmarked.
Skoda police car - No Do$h

Ditto Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire and Shropshire.
Skoda police car - Adam {P}
Ditto Merseyside. Black VRS.

Hello by the way ND. Long time no speak.
--
Adam
Should also add they have a marked Honda Civic saloon.
--
Adam
Skoda police car - Truckosaurus
I remember reading that only a couple of force DON'T use Octavia vRS's in their fleets. With the vRS going out of production at the end of last year and the replacement model not out until the end of this year, they are even stockpiling them for future use.

The reason for their popularity is simple, they are cheap, fast and reliable with a decent sized boot.
Skoda police car - No Do$h
Ditto Merseyside. Black VRS.
Hello by the way ND. Long time no speak.
--
Adam

Hi Adski,

I'm spending a lot of time in the office (with no net access) or driving back and forth to Milton Keynes at the moment
Lucky guy....the Backroom, or Milton Keynes.....hmmm - a toughie

;-)
--
Adam
Skoda police car - Dynamic Dave
I'm spending a lot of time in the office (with no
net access) or driving back and forth to Milton Keynes at
the moment

And you have the cheek to accuse us of not having a life!!
Skoda police car - Welliesorter

The same force has Fabias used by community support officers. I'm not sure if they count as police cars but they are certainly marked in the same way.
Skoda police car - keo-the-dog
saw a few today near parkway bristol trainstation must have been something going on looked quite nice as they were all silver with battenburg decals. short while later there was a anpr van parked up nearby didn't appear to be manned though, it seemed very odd in the position it was...cheers...keo
Skoda police car - frazerjp
Apparently there r loads ov Octavias that r used as mini cabs in Brighton & some have come up 2 High Wycombe!
Skoda police car - Graemetdci
Have seen unmarked Octavia vrs estates used by the PSNI here in Northern Ireland and as for Japanese cars, they have used unmarked Mitsubishi Galants and marked Mitsubishi Evo VIIIs!
Skoda police car - Pete M
If the Galants are of the VR-4 variety, then they're not much slower than the EVO VIII, but with rather more interior space.
I wouldn't want to try and run away from either. I guess that the standard 112mph speed limiter has been removed too.
Skoda police car - AngryJonny
The local plod in the village where I grew up (North Wales Police) had a Felicia when I lived there a decade ago.