Vectra C. squeak from rear - welshy
My Vectra C (new shape) is now out of warranty . It has suddenly got a terrible squeak squeak noise from the rear nearside . I know its that side as when i push on each rear corner thats the side thats squeaking .Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be , as its driving me mad , especially when driving down a bumpyish road and all i hear with the windows open is squeak squeak squeak over the bumps . The shock absorbers look fine .Someone said it could be a dry bush ????? And I should spray them with WD40 , but then again someone told me that WD40 will rot the rubber bushes . Please help .
Vectra C. squeak from rear - Dynamic Dave

The suspension on my VectraC had a squeaky rear end when I first bought it. Dealer put it down to being stood around for a little while before I bought it. Anyway, into the workshops for some lubrication of the joints resulted in no more squeaks. Not sure what they oiled though - sorry.

I did overhear a conversation between mechanic and service manager asking if a modified part (due to a recall) had already been fitted to the suspension. Apparantly it had been.

Oh, btw, WD40 won't rot the rubbers, but you'll probably find it's only a temporary cure to the squeak.