Best used diesel under £3k? - yorkshirepudding
Hi. I've just been told by the garage that I woul dbe better off cutting my losses and getting rid of my Peugeot 306 xrdt (96/N) as otherwise I will have to keep throwing money at it with all the problems it has and will develop in the next 6 months.

I would like to get something about the same size or a bit bigger, preferably a turbo diesel or HDI. I've considered another 306, Citroen Xsara, VW Golf sofar but am open to suggestions. I would love something more reliable like a Japanese, but don't know of any good diesels by these manufacturers.

Any ideas on what would offer a reliable car with space and power for this price?

Thanks
yorkshirepudding
Best used diesel under £3k? - tobyn
don't go for a turbo diesel in this price range - too much money if things go wrong.

don't know anything about the japenese competition but have had both vw and citroen. golf - too clonky, hard suspension and really really crap handling. xsara - poor image and not great build quality with big depreciation.

if you liked your 306 go for another - saw an x reg hdi (110k miles) for £2995 yesterday (trade). find a similar private sale for less and you've got a decent car with miles left in it.