Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Mark (Brazil, but in UK)
I'm leaving the UK and what a great time I had.

When I get back there I am going to write in here about driving on UK roads and the behaviour of the UK Police.

Good roads, fast limits, polite & helpful policemen, no kidnapping, good petrol, fast travel..................

You lot have *NO* idea how lucky you are and how it is still very good.

Mark.

p.s. David - thanks; HJ - My mother's read it start to finish; Martyn - CDs in post; and John, I *know* you're reading this, hope Sadie's foot is better.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Tomo
Crawling at 70 on an empty 3 lane motorway is FAST?

Perhaps I've lived too long.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Mark (Brazil, but in UK)
If you say so.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - John
Mark you cant have been in the South East. M25 crawling for hours this morning around J8-10 and the M26 coast bound is at standstill coast bound right now. I just drove over it. Have a good trip, hope you dont get stuck on the way to the airport!
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Mark (Brazil)
On the other hand I have taken 11 hours to drive the 55km (35 miles ish) from Cumbica airport to Morumbi, Sao Paulo.

And I have never done it in less than 2 hours in daylight hours.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - David W
Mark,

Hope you get a chance to see a copy of the "Chile video" if Lee (?) can send it to you.

Gave those who caught the program on Ch.4 a chance to know the type of roads/terrain you are returning to. From great highways across open mountain ranges to dirt tracks where the thundering Dodge must be perfect, can you get the tail out on the corners?

David
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Lee H
Yep, it's on its way. It's quite good, I taped it because me & SWMBO travelled around there last year, and visited most of the places the program did.

It really was very dry, but the most impressive bit was just before that, travelling through the salt flats of Uyuni, where it was the end of the wet season (Bolivia side) and there was 6 inches of water as far as the eye could see.

The salt and water obviously mixed, and did horrible things to the Land Cruisers we were travelling in. If you think the salt on the roads here is bad, you should see the picture I have of the engine, white with salt! Not that there were any roads!

Oops, rambling again.

Lee.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Martyn, Back Room moderator
David W wrote:
>
> Mark,

> can you get the tail out on
> the corners?
>
> David

Come now, David W, you know the rules about smut in The Back Room

> thundering Dodge must be perfect, can you get the tail out on
> the corners?

In 2wd I can get the tail out in a straight line, never mind a corner. In 4wd drive I've never got it to do anything interesting like that. Although I have had it airborne once or twice.

M.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Honest John
Mark made his way to my local and it was really nice to meet him. Mind you, his necklace of poisonous snake fangs scared the locals a bit.

HJ
I'll have you know that one is to ward off evil spirits and the other is to bring luck. And I've been wearing them for 20 odd years. But I do have to admit the barmaid was looking at me strangely. Although that might have been more due to her catching me staring at her.

Meeting HJ was a pleasure. It turns out my mother thinks his article is wonderful, even though she knows nothing about cars, and thinks he is very good looking in his picture. I got a lot of brownie points and extra roast potatoes as a reward for knowing a celebrity (her words).

HJ - the book is very good. If you hadn't presented me with one I would have bought it !!

Recommended to others for sure.

I even managed to meet my sister's husband's grandfather's niece's husband - or something like that.

M.
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - Tomo
Bitter with it?
Re: Sadly, back to Brazil........ - El Dingo (Martin)
Glad you had a good time. As they say, the grass is always greener...
I often remember belting along the Baverian autobahns in my old S6... (ahhhh!)