US Survey: 4-5 year old used cars - THe Growler
Came across the following American survey report which is interesting. I wonder, is there any similar report done for UK/Euro vehicles?

Source: J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study 2001. Based on responses from 28,415 owners who bought new in 1997, and owners who bought used 1997 models since.

Rankings Reported Problems Per 100 Vehicles

1. Lexus 173
2. Infiniti 219
3. Jaguar 250
4. Lincoln 253
5. Acura 255
6. Honda 278
7. Toyota 278
8. Cadillac 285
9. Porsche 292
10. Mercedes-Benz 296

Listed as below average in long-term dependability are, in alphabetical order: Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Eagle, GMC, Hyundai, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Plymouth, Pontiac, Suzuki, Volvo and Volkswagen.
Re: US Survey: 4-5 year old used cars - Andy P
The only similar survey I'm aware of is the Top Gear/JD Power survey that they did each year. Which magazine also do a yearly review of cars.

Andy
Re: US Survey: 4-5 year old used cars - ladas are slow
'what car' does a yearly review of cars.
Re: US Survey: 4-5 year old used cars - T lucas
I can understand the Jap reliability etc,but do the Yanks get different Jags to us?
Re: US Survey: 4-5 year old used cars - T.G.Webb
I think that I remember seeing that the JD Power UK survey has migrated to AutoExpress this year.
The last one I saw made the point that it was based on questionnaires mailed to owners in cooperation with the DVLA who, I gather, were able to arrange that mailings went to the same proportion of each make/model owners.
The results were fairly predictable with the Japanese models at the top and the volume European producers firmly at the bottom. Despite that, I bought a new Vauxhall, a triumph of hope over experience?