Used Ford Foci. - y2k+4
Is there anything to be weary about when considering a high-mileage petrol Ford Focus? My best friend is thinking of buying an X-reg 1.6 Zetec that has covered 85,000 miles, mainly owned by a company. It has a full service history, but he's weary of high-mileage Fords (the only reason he's considering it, was because I said the Focus changed that, and then he drove one). It seemed like a bargain at £2,800 to me...with a little room to haggle. Anyone got any insights into what he should pay attention to?
Used Ford Foci. - stokie
Our pool car Focus needed new brake disks and front wheel bearings at 100k.
Used Ford Foci. - Fraser218
The wheel bearings are prone to failure, but shouldn't be expensive to replace should they need to be. Also check the passenger footwell for signs of water as the pollen filter can be loose and cause leaks.

The Focus will easily cover well over 100k, and if its a company car its likely to have been well maintained and £2800 is a very good price for an Xreg model.
Used Ford Foci. - Adam {P}
As has been said, for £2800 I'd bite their hand off. Just check where the wingmirror meets the door for rust although you may have missed out on this with an X plater.

85 isn't really that high on a Focus.
--
Adam