Servicing Ford Mondeo - That's MR Crispyduck
My girlfriend has a 52 plate Diesel Mondeo which she bought from new with a 60k or three year ford warrantee, it's now on 62k miles as she drives so much with work(which of course she claims mileage on), now as it is out of warrantee(but so far has been maintained and serviced by Ford dealers) we don't which is the best way to keep it serviced to maximise the resale value.

We're looking to keep it another 2 years then get a another new one and keep this as a second car.

Should we just find a decent local mechanic or should we stick with the Ford dealers(as you may expect v. expensive but this car only needs a service every 12.5k miles)?

Any help as always will be gratefully received
Servicing Ford Mondeo - cheddar
Stick with Ford dealers, not too expensive plus you benefit from TSB's etc. Mine has done 84k and I have recently been offered a 75% contribution to a repair due to FDSH.
Servicing Ford Mondeo - Quinny100
I'd keep it dealer serviced until its 4 yrs Ford. Ford will normally give a decent contribution on expensive repairs outside the warranty period if the car has a main dealer history, plus the dealer will be more inclined to pursue the contribution for you if you're a service customer.

Shop around - Ford servicing costs vary by huge amounts depending where you go - in a 20 mile radius of home it ranges from £115 to £193 for a 12.5k service on a TDCi and £160 - £265 for a 37.5k major service. If you can get a 12.5k service for £115 then I can't really see you saving much more than £20 taking it anywhere else - these engines need 6L of semi synth oil which isn't particularly cheap for a start.
Servicing Ford Mondeo - henry k
Shop around - Ford servicing costs vary by huge amounts depending
where you go - in a 20 mile radius of home
it ranges from £115 to £193 for a 12.5k service on
a TDCi and £160 - £265 for a 37.5k major service.
If you can get a 12.5k service for £115 then
I can't really see you saving much more than £20 taking
it anywhere else - these engines need 6L of semi synth
oil which isn't particularly cheap for a start.

>>
Look on the Ford website. You can get quotes for the service at any Ford dealer. Type in the original reg or Vin and it will identify your car and quote for service, cam belt etc.
From West London I travel 50 miles to the south coast for a Ford service and a day out with lots of savings.
Of course not all can afford the time to do this.
Servicing Ford Mondeo - Cabsusa
Depends on the Ford dealer; of the two in my area, one is so useless I would not take a bicycle there, the other is OK but expensive. I actually go to the local tyre shop for anything technical, because the mechanic is ex BL and ex Ford competitions dept. Very little foxes him.

I think the competence of mechanics at main dealers is often suspect, because they do not necessarily have the breadth of experience. Sounds a bit funny, OK, but much of the time they are doing routine servicing or warranty work on newer cars and do not get to see what happens on higher mileage cars to the same extent.

Also of course you will be paying £60 - £90 per hour for labour, rather than £30 - £35 at a non-franchised workshop.

AS