Thank you - greenhey
I would like to thank the following for making my journey from Ayelsbury via A41 -M25 this morning, so informative and enjoyable
- Guy in bronze 3 series who, dissatisfied with how fast the guy before him was joining the A41 from Hemel slip road , overtook him as he did , while giving him the Italian one finger sign , only then reserving precious finger for texting use on his phone from there to M25 junction; clearly a busy chap
- Guy in M reg Metro on M25 whose devotion to lane 1 was so great that he would return to it after every manoeuvre , even though 50 yards later he would have to come back out again; through some telepathy the rest of us figured out his plan, saving him putting his indicators to unnecessary use;
- On return journey guy at J21 who executed a magnificent exit to the slip directly from lane 2 , crossing the path of a van in Lane 1 who must have been within 3 feet of him at one point ; I haven't seen such fine judgement in a long time
Thank you - barney100
And thankyou too to the guys in the white builders van who undertook me by clever use of the hard shoulder, not only that but the artistic way the gentlemen in the rear of the vehicle made imaginative rude signs as thay sped past, truly a magnificent peice of motoring...................
Thank you - Happy Blue!
And thank you to the driver of the aging BMW 520 (J reg) who sat in the middle lane of a deserted M1 south of the M25. He only moved over when I flashed him and moved out again after I overtook him????

And a big thank you to the girly in the SportKa who was doing her nails, hair, makeup whatever, whilst smoking and talking on her mobile whilst doing 70mph on the M6.

I suspect neither of these drivers has been near the Back Room ever. I think the driver of the BMW has never seen a driving test centre either........
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Thank you - henry k
A thank you to those wonderful British truckers on the M40 this morning.
One in lane 1 and two, just 15 feet apart, in lane 2 who were just being friend by driving side by side for approx FIVE miles.

Thank goodness all the other truckers going my way were of a better standard.
Thank you - Happy Blue!
Thanks Henry, you've just reminded me......

Two trucks side by side going downhill. Why can't the one on the inside, just brush his brakes slightly, so that the one in land two can get past quickly.

Two trucks side by side going uphill. Truck in lane one is a tractor unit but no load, so only maximum 5 tonnes not 40 tonnes. He can accelerate quickly, so why can't he let his mate in and then pick up speed quickly?

M6 Toll Road - no HGVs so very clear run........
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Thank you - Stuartli
aging BMW 520 (J reg) who sat in the middle lane of a deserted M1 >>

A traffic cop pal tells me that during his training course he was advised to remain in the centre lane whilst on motorways as it provided more room for manoeuvre or emergency action in the event of a tyre blowout or similar incident.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thank you - Citroënian {P}
>>Middle Lane

Just been thinking about this - you'd still only have one spare lane (lane 3), whereas in Lane 1 you'd have the same amount of space (hard shoulder)...unless I'm missing something (quite likely!)

For myself, I much prefer lane 2 on a motorway simply because of the train lines created by super heavy lorries in lane 1. Don't get the idea I live there regardless, but on a deserted motorway it makes a more pleasant journey. Any traffic and of course I'm back in the appropriarte lanes.

--
Lee
Having a Fabialous time.
Thank you - teabelly
Thank you to the young idiot in the H reg black nova in Stoke which I followed today. You might want to try using at least one hand on the wheel while you smoked a fag and talked animatedly on your mobile phone. I have no idea how you were steering the car but perhaps a career in dubious films beckons with such a deformity...

Annoyingly there was a police car only a few cars ahead. I so wish BIBs had eyes in the back of their head.
teabelly
Thank you - john deacon
thanks to the taxi driver who seemed to think the zig zags had been put there as his personal parking space, and decided to pull away still hand to ear with phone and talking loudly into phone pulled straight out through red light at pedestrain crossing missing pedestrian on the crossing (me) by about 1 mm

grade A driving mate, lucky I didnt take your number and come after you for a citizens arrest
Thank you - BrianW
And thanks to the guy who jumped the traffic lights on the Seven Sisters Road tonight for being half a second ahead of the time when he would have taken out a motorbike and a car as they pulled away on a green.
Thank you - Stuartli
This thread could take up the entire forums space in just one day if everyone contributed...:-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thank you - Ford Dagenham
Hello.

Thankyou to the idiots who overtake on roundabouts.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Thank you - volvoman
Well a BIG special gold plated "Thank You" must go to the moron in the Audi A4 who was driving north along the Orpington Bypass this morning who, with mobile phone clamped to his ear, was paying so little attention to the road that he was totally oblivious to the ambulance right behind him (with blues & twos going) that he was holding up! Well done that man!
Thank you - jreg
I would like to thank the elderly gentleman driving a Ford Puma the other week who took exception to anyone following him.

So much so that when anyone (the transit in front of me) caught up with him, he slowed up to about 20mph from about 40mph, until the transit tried to overtake ... then suddenly he could do 70mph!

I'm unsure as to how the gentlemen in question has survived long enough to become so elderly.

My second vote of thanks, goes to all the drivers who drive at night, and are only able to find their main beam switch, after you've overtaken them!