Corsa 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - allybally1963
When my girlfriend was driving home last night the engine stalled and she lost control of the car breifly and the engine "electronics transmition light came on" , this then went off after a show while then the "exhaust emmission light" came on, She took the car to the local garage and they checked out the exhaust and found a fault in the "back box of the exhaust" this part has been ordered , since leaving the garage only the "electronics transmition light" is now on .. any advice ?
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - Dynamic Dave
any advice ?

Er, take it back to the garage.

OK, being serious for a moment, the "exhaust emmission light". There isn't one as such. I believe you're actually refering to the ECU light, which monitors all of the engine's electronics, including the exhaust emmisions.

If the transmition light is still on, (I gather it's an auto) then getting back to my earlier comment, the garage will be able to read the fault code using their "Tech2" reader.

CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - john deacon
dont think they stick autos on 1.0 engines?
dont think they stick autos on 1.0 engines?

That's what I thought, but AFAIA only the auto boxes will have a fault light.

Perhaps ally could confirm?
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - allybally1963
Thanks for your replies,the car is a manual and checking the manual again the indicator that is on is called the "Engine electonics , transmission , electronics , immobilizer " the indicator that came on at first was the "exhaust emmision"

As the manual says consult the Dealer:-

"If the light comes on when the engine is running, there is a fault in the engine or transmission electronics. The electronics switch to the emergency running programme, fuel consumption may increase and the driveability of the vehicle may be affected. In some cases the fault can be eliminated by switching the engine off and back on again. If the control indicator lights up again when the engine is running, consult a workshop to have the cause of the fault eliminated. We recommend a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer."

vauxhall.co.uk/media/ownersManuals/Cars/Corsa/Cors...f (page 138)

As your car has a manual gearbox, you can discard there being a problem with the transmission electronics.

If the fault increases the fuel consumption (as suggested), then that will knacker the cat convertor.
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - allybally1963
Further update .. Exhaust emmision now on all the time , the car stalls after 5 miles and the rev counter does not work .. any ideas before I have to take it to the Vauxhall rip off dealer ??
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - Adam {P}
That sounds like the Engine Management light. Short of someone knowing any different, I'd do what Dave said and take it back to the garage.
--
Adam
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - Caveman
Anyone with a fault code reader will tell you what the problem is. It doesn;t necessarly have to be a vauaxhall daeler.

You are only making mattters worse at the moment by continuing to drive it with the fault light showing, thus increasing any potential bills heading your way.
CORSA 1.0 Club 12V -Control indicators - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
These ghastly little engines have a list of problems as long as your arm. Reading the fault codes might give you a clue as to where the fault lies but can be misleading. Common faults are cam and crank angle sensors, egr valves, air mass meters, coolant temp sensors etc etc. Unfortunately a fault in the airflow meter may not directly trigger a fault code if the sensor is still operating within its designated parameters albeit incorrectly but the false info it is imparting to the ECU may throw the O2 sensor into a state of panic which the ECU sees as THE fault. Best bet is to find a clued up independent who is prepared to do a full and structured diagnosis.Modern cars, I love 'em!
Andrew.
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!