Polo 1.05 1984 Vacuum tubes - Negger
Can anyone out there with the same model send me a diagram of the correct vacuum hose connections ? The original carb had been replaced, I re-instated the original type, but the connections are different ? Or is there a site anywhere that carries this type of information? Haynes manual not sufficiently detailed.
Many Thanks
Polo 1.05 1984 Vacuum tubes - pmh
If I recall correctly isn't there a diagram on a sticky label on the underside of the bonnet?

Failing that look in the classifieds and you can have my complete car for FREE to copy from!

If it is not raining tomorrow I will try to take photo of pipework and post for you.

--
pmh (was peter)

Polo 1.05 1984 Vacuum tubes - Negger
Many Thanks Peter - Its the connections to the rear of the carb that I'm most interested in ! I have one free end - It must 'T' into one of the others! Label under bonnet of Golf, but not this Polo - probably done deliberately to confuse me!!!!! If poss, please send to graham morris uk at hotmail dot com - no spaces.
Polo 1.05 1984 Vacuum tubes - pmh
Cannot get a meaningful picture. If the following words fail to described adequately, I will try to do a sketch and email you.

Vacuum circuit 1

Short (about 5cm and a fiddle to fit)Pipe running vertically from vertical inlet on rear o/s of carb to thermo valve in air filter body. The other pipe from thermo valve runs to temperature Air flap control on air intake.

Vacuum circuit 2

Long pipe from horizontal inlet on Carb Body on n/s of carb (very close to Slow running and Mixture control screws) to top of diaphram on disributor vacuum advance/retard control.

Vacuum Circuit 3

Pipe from Inlet manifold (n/s) thro black/white non return valve to a T branching piece. one leg of T is connected to Green vacuum resevoir AND and the other leg to a solenoid controlled valve. The other side of solenoid valve is connected to the lower side of the diaphram on disributor vacuum advance/retard control.

Hope this makes sense! I would much rather you came and took the whole car away as a model!

--
pmh (was peter)