106 starting problems - tiggermons
I am wondering if anyone can help. I have an R ree Peugeot 106 with starting problems. Heae this is not unusual!!....
I will try and expalin what has been happening. A couple of months ago I had problems with it not starting... only an intermitant problem. Took it to the garage and they said that it needed a new coil pack... this seemed to solve the problem for a couple of weeks. The problem then re-appeared... took it back to the garage and they told me it was due to the throttle cable needing to be slackened.... again car seemed to start first time for a while. Last week the problem started again.... we found however that if we got in the car re-locked and unlocked the car it would start..... previously when this had been happening we could hear the engine turning over. Today however when i tried to start the car in my usual manner I got nothing..... engine did not try to turn over.... all of the lights on the dashboard panel are still coming on.... power getting to lights etc...... can anybody help.... Peugeot are telling me it is the strater motor.... does this sound likely???
106 starting problems - HughA
I had a similar problem with my S reg 106. Now and again it would just fail to start, although the starter was turning the engine OK. Removing the key from the ignition, re-inserting it and trying again usually resulted in an immediate start. Peugeot dealer diagnosed problem as a faulty immobiliser antenna and relaced it under warranty. No more problems! However, starter failing to turn engine sounds to be a different problem.
106 starting problems - tiggermons
HughA

Thanks for answering my query.... we were told about the immobiliser problems by the Peugeot dealer and the starter motor problems..... luckly this time it seems to just have been a flat battery.... jump started the car and it started first time. We believe the battery is the original one from when the car was built 6 years ago. hopefully this will be the end of my problems!!!!! ;-)
106 starting problems - bobcat
Hope someone can help with my 106 Starting problem - car is a 1996 P-Reg 1.1 Petrol. When cold, and after being parked out in the rain, very difficult to start. Engine turns over, all electrics working normally. Eventually starts, but misfires for a few miles until warm. Then runs perfectly.

This only occurs during or after rain, so I am guessing moisture is getting in somewhere, but where?

Any suggestions appreciated!
106 starting problems - Laura G
I have a much newer 106 (52, 2002) Independence and have been having similar problems quite regularly now. If the car is left for more than 24 hours without use it misfires on start-up. It starts OK, but the engine warning light comes on. After a few miles it seems to run fine (sometimes needs to have the ignition turned off and on again, e.g. at a set of traffic lights), and the engine warning light goes off after a couple of days. It has been rather damp weather-wise lately and perhaps this has exacerbated the problem? Have mentioned it to the Peugeot guys at its recent 30k service and they reckoned it was a bit of internal moisture.

Another thread suggested some ideas: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/?f=1&t=292
106 starting problems - bobcat
I think I have solved my "damp start" problem. After the car failed to start on Saturday, I unplugged a connector to the Engine Management system (under bonnet, drivers side) and found the contacts slightly damp - dried off, re-connected, and car started perfectly, and ran fine!