Expensive marketing - runboy
Received an interesting package through the post on Saturday. A study cardboard box, not much bigger than a video cassette. Audi stamped on it. Opened it to find a reply paid card to ask for more info on the new A4, a USB memory stick, a USB port extender cable and a USB driver CD for those not operating windows XP.

Plugged the USB stick into the PC and it was a movie of the new A4 plus some other info. Deleted the movie and I know have a nice 62mb USB memory stick plus USB port cable.

How much did that cost to send out? I no longer own an Audi, in fact I had a bad fall-out with the Audi dealer when both my new Audi's went wrong.

Anyone else got a story on a manufacturer spending lots of money on a ad campaign?
Expensive marketing - Garethj
Renault Vel Satis. Don't know how many cars they sold in RHD here but I suspect it wasn't worth it.
Expensive marketing - Pugugly {P}
Volvo set me a flat tin (very like the old Oxford school geometry tin but very shallow). Mmm useful I thought when I opened the thing. It isn't and I threw it. Could have been handy to keep things in if you had a number of flat long things.
Expensive marketing - Happy Blue!
Rulers?
Business cards?

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Expensive marketing - Pugugly {P}
I thought of that, its too long to fit in any pocket I've got !!
Expensive marketing - helicopter
There is a brand spanking new BMW / MINI showroom and workshop about 100 yards from where I'm sitting .I have watched it built from the ground up with no expense spared - it must have cost hundreds of thousands of pounds and it is all to do with marketing cars.

It all has to come out of the profits from the punters so you can't convince me that life is that hard for car salesmen.
Expensive marketing - NowWheels
It all has to come out of the profits from the
punters so you can't convince me that life is that hard
for car salesmen.

I dunno.

It may be that they built this thing because the dealership has already made lots of money. But it may be that building a posh showroom is a condition imposed as a condition of the franchise.

If the makers insist that the salesroom has to be one of these expensive glass palaces, then it's all just another overhead which the sales people have to cover.
Expensive marketing - Altea Ego
Because the Mini is a lifestyle product. Not transport, but an aspiration. Hence it has to be protected as such.

Until fickle fashion bursts its bubble.
Expensive marketing - BobbyG
Vauxhal treated me to a day's corporate hospitality at Knockhill racing circuit to celebrate the launch of the Astra coupe. This involved test drives in all their cars, laps of the circuit, 4x4, skidpans etc as well as all the food I could eat.

I have never owned a Vauxhall in my life and have no plans to purchase one either!
Expensive marketing - helicopter
It is indeed a silver and glass palace. Don't forget overheads still have to be paid for out of profits NW.