ford focus road noise - toolslinger
I own a focus 1.6 zectec,which runs on goodyear eagle nct 195/60/15.i have found the road noise intrusive especialy on motorways.i am about to change both front tyres,has anybody tried a different brand and found them to be less noisy.
ford focus road noise - L'escargot
I own a focus 1.6 zectec,which runs on goodyear eagle nct
195/60/15.i have found the road noise intrusive.......

My experience is that 195/60 R15 88V Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres (on my July 2003 Focus 2.0 Ghia) are noticeably quieter than the same size Pirelli P6000 tyres that I had on my previous April 1999 Ghia. However, I don't know whether the difference is entirely attributable to the tyres, or whether Ford made improvements to the car between 1999 and 2003 that reduced the level of tyre noise heard inside the car. I have noticed that the steering is agreeably lighter and cornering is much more positive with my current Goodyear-shod car than with the previous Pirelli-shod car. Again, I don't know whether this is entirely attributable to the tyres. Past experience of NCT and NCT 2 tyres (admittedly on a Peugeot 306 XSi, not a Focus) was that they had a significantly longer life than the Pirelli P6000 tyres on my first Focus.

Hope this helps.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
ford focus road noise - Aprilia
I have not found NCT5's to be a 'loud' tyre, so not sure how much improvement you could get.

You could try Continental Premium Contact - they seem to be fairly quite.
ford focus road noise - Adam {P}
Don't forget the Focus is hardly a wallowing barge. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a hard ride but certainly firmer than most people think. I like this to be honest and a think it makes the car feel more connected. I have NCT 5's on mine and don't really find it loud to be honest.
--
Adam
ford focus road noise - Quinny100
NCT 5's are not at all noisy - I've got a full set on my Mondeo.

I had a Focus with P6000's on and found the road noise unbearable. It was only marginally better on SP Sport 200E's.

Fact is the Focus is a noisy car with a harsh ride - something that the motoring press seem to omit from their "reviews"
ford focus road noise - mark
I agree

I had a C Max Focus on hire for a while and at 80mph or thereabouts on the motorway the noise was I akin to what I would imagine it would be like to be dragged along a shingle beach inside a watertank. It was a mix of tyre noise and wind roar. You might be able to do something about the tyres, but not the wind roar.

After about 40 minutes I found my concentration going as the noise was so wearing.

As always

Mark
ford focus road noise - L'escargot
Fact is the Focus is a noisy car with a harsh
ride.........

I'm now on my second 2.0 Ghia and I disagree with you on both accounts. Perhaps you drove a Zetec variant which has "sports" suspension?
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
ford focus road noise - smokie
Not a Focus, but some will recall my problem with (severe) road noise in my Omega MV6 (on Avons). After much costly investigation this was found to be due to tyres (NOT bearings, as most mechs thought) - they were " no longer round", they'd gone out of shape.

New set completely solved the problem. It could be that one or more of your tyres is the same.
ford focus road noise - Roly93
My wifes 14 month old 1.6 Focus Zetec has Continental Eco Contacts fitted, and I would say the car is well acceptable in terms of road noise. The only thing is some Conti's can be a bit soft, ie not that hard-wearing, although this seems to be okay so far.
ford focus road noise - blinky
Strange, I have P6000's on my Focus 1.6 Zetec and I find the car very quiet even at motorway cruising speeds.
ford focus road noise - DP
I agree the Focus suffers quite a lot of road noise compared to many of its rivals, but disagree totally that the ride is harsh, even in Zetec trim. It rides firmly yes, but the damping is superb.

Mine runs Dunlop SP Sport 01 (Assymetrical) tyres which are quieter than the P6000's I had on it before. I would say that the Golf, Astra and 307 are all much quieter all round, but it's funny how little you appreciate that lovely "direct" feel of a Focus until you drive its rivals. The road noise I guess is just a side effect of having less mush between you and the road surface.
ford focus road noise - kithmo
NCT 5's are not at all noisy - I've got a
full set on my Mondeo.
I had a Focus with P6000's on and found the road
noise unbearable. It was only marginally better on SP Sport
200E's.
Fact is the Focus is a noisy car with a harsh
ride - something that the motoring press seem to omit from
their "reviews"

SWMBO's Basic 1.8 TDdi CL model has P6000s on and it is very noisy, especially when you're sat in the back.
ford focus road noise - blank
I've got NCT5's on my Mundano, recently replacing Conti eco contacts (front)and some very nasty Firestones (rear).. Goodies were instantly noticable as much quieter than the previously less than ideal setup and also much better ride. I wasn't really expecting either, but both were instantly noticable.

Mate had a Focus with NCT's and the leasing co insisted on replacing the fronts with P6000's. The ESP light was on almost all the time as the fronts lost grip. Rubbish by comparison.
ford focus road noise - Carse
I drive a 2.0l Focus Ghia with Continental?s and the road noise is not an issue.

Ca***