Mitsubishi Carisma - Daz
Any thoughts on this vehicle as I am considering buying one

Thanks
Mitsubishi Carisma - No Do$h
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=25574 is the most recent thread on the subject of the Carisma.

If you would like a little more light reading on the subject there's the car by car breakdown (to your left in the red panel) and the forum search (to your right, above the news items and below your user ID).

Hope these help.

No Do$h - Alfa-driving Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Mitsubishi Carisma - Daz
Thanks, am aware of its 'dull' image but reports from parkers and car breakdown here seem to suggest it is a reliable car which is what I'm after.
Mitsubishi Carisma - spikeyhead {p}
It does have typical Jap reliability.

But the Carisma has no charisma.

I'll get me coat.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Mitsubishi Carisma - MichaelR
It's such a shame that the absolute mundaness of the Carisma and the fact there are nil reasons to chose it above a huge array of vastly more competent cars is mostly responsible for the financial situation which could see the end of a company responsible for a range of fantastic cars, such as FTO and Lancer Evolution.
Mitsubishi Carisma - No Do$h
Daz, I think you would be much better off looking at the Primera?

Just my two penn'orth
Mitsubishi Carisma - Stuartli
I've commented before on the fact that the Carisma (whichever way you spell it) is virtually devoid of the qualities by which it is named - quite a contrast to the Volvo equivalent that came off the same production lines.

However, there is no doubt that you can pick up a Carisma for almost stupidly low prices secondhand and for general running about will prove quite adequate. Best colour seems to be silver.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Mitsubishi Carisma - Aprilia
Primera would be a better buy secondhand. A little more expensive but a better car in most respects and good parts availability (both from the dealer and 'pattern' parts from factors). Nissan parts are also generally much cheaper than Mitsubishi parts.
Mitsubishi Carisma - AR-CoolC
Just to let you know, the Carisma is being replaced by the Lancer next summer.
If you look on the Mitsubishi Australia web site you can see that there are some nice varients of the Lancer, and hopefuly with their EVO knowledge it will be a very good drive.