2003 V70 2.4T chip tuning - SjB {P}
With so much recently posted about diesel chip tuning, here goes with good old benzine, but first, some history.

When ordering our V70, I agonised over whether to go for 2.4T or T5. In the end, the decision came down in favour of the 2.4T because:

a) Having tried both, power delivery was far more usable in most circumstances.
(b) The best T5 deal that I could find was a hill of money more than the 2.4T SE with Dynaudio speaker premium sound system that I purchased in the Netherlands.
(c) The dealer price of a RICA chip that would give near T5 outright performance, and even stronger 2.4T characteristics was nowhere near the cost between an otherwise identically specced 2.4T and T5. Yes, dealer price, because the Dutch Volvo dealer even offered to chip the car ready for collection!

In the end, I decided to bed the car in as standard, and research the market properly, especially as the V70 has been purchased new with long term ownership in mind, not a three year chop.

Of course, as soon as we actually had the car, the Chief Financial Officer nicely 'forgot' about the desire for those extra ponies, and it was announced that "We don't need them" and "Because you now work from home most of the time, it'll take more years to recoup any small fuel savings, too" :-( All perfectly correct, of course!

Well, since then, I have done my research, and because really she is a very kind soul at heart, today came the nod to buy the Swedish BSR system I ultimately hankered after. This'll increase power from 200 ponies to just over 250, and torque from 285NM to 410NM, with reduced figures in lower gears where it would simply be wheelspun away. Cost is about £600, but I was "helped" by colleagues in Sweden who already have this modification, and have both had absolutely no problems with it or any powertrain component, and could vouch for the way it puts the already impressive 2.4T in to orbit. To my surprise, stock emissions figures are actually maintained or reduced throughout, too. That the software is loaded (and can be removed and modifed by internet download) from a handheld device via the OBDII port, gives nice flexibility.

For anyone interested, visit www.bsrab.se/products/n315/t494
A couple of videos are at www.bsrab.se/movies

Having started with SAAB and Volvo back in 1991, and helped tune the Koenigeggeggeggeggegg (or whatever JC wrote!), they now cover much of the the GM and VAG ranges, amongst others.

Roll on my next work visit to Sweden (as I'd rather collect), hopefully this side of Santas trip to England. :-) Assuming there is no change of mind from the CFO, I will report back later. Just hope I'm not going to be disappointed!