CD player in Peugeot Expert - mchampson
I have a Peugeot Expert van which had a radio cassette fitted and which worked ok.
I decided to fit a radio/cd player and bought a peugeot/clarion unit. It has the same connections and everything works fine (radio & cd) when the ignition is in aux position. However, when I start up the engine the radio works fine but the cd player won't work.
Has anyone any ideas?
CD player in Peugeot Expert - Altea Ego
When you say CD does not work what does it not do?

My first stab will be that you dont have the connections right, probably there are multiple live feeds (one to keep the memory active, one that is powered when the ignition is on), there might be a speed sensor wire, or you might be missing an earth.
CD player in Peugeot Expert - mchampson
The cd plays when the ignition is in the aux position but although it will load a cd it 'freezes' when the engine is switched on.
I have checked the power to both lives.
The connectors are the original connectors used on the original radio/cassette.
CD player in Peugeot Expert - Altea Ego
Can only suggest you try taking a feed directly from the battery.
CD player in Peugeot Expert - Civic8
Try not switching on radio.Start engine give a few seconds then try switching on radio/cd.If you get same as before then its cd fault.Not wiring..freezing could be due to memory not clearing and as power is re`enstated memory is full and error message or freeze occurs..Only usually occurs on cheap units..
--
Steve
CD player in Peugeot Expert - Civic8
Would suggest checking out terminal/connections first.ie they match with your radio/cassette..though have doubts the cd player would be affected. would look at possible probs with unit you bought.Cd when inserted should switch over from radio.To cd ie diverting signal from radio to cd preamp?.RF may correct me here..
--
Steve