Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - mph_turbo
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a new Citroen Xsara. There was a problem with the paint finish on the bonnet and Citroen agreed to a respray for that panel.

Anyway, I have just got the car back and it looks ok in daylight but there are loads of 'swirl' marks to be seen in lamp light conditions. Its like as if they used a rough grade of sandpaper to sand it back and the tracks of the sanding can still be seen. This can also be seen on the top of the front wings where the paintwork was 'flashed' to get a paint colour match

Two Questions:

[1] Is it possible to do such a respray with no such 'swirl' marks?

[2] How noticeable should such marks be on the top of the front wings if a good job had been done?

Thanks

MPH
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - Aprilia
Two Questions:
[1] Is it possible to do such a respray with no
such 'swirl' marks?

YES
[2] How noticeable should such marks be on the top of
the front wings if a good job had been done?

Not visible at all.
Thanks
MPH
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - Altea Ego
On a new car it is entirely possible to spray panels that to the untrained eye completley match the original quality of the newly manufactured car.

Anything else is poor workmanship and not of the required quality.
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - mph_turbo
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the very quick feedback. Will let you know how I get on when I complain to Citroen.

MPH
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - Adam {P}
Just to echo what everyone's said here, I had the entire bonnet, and the whole boot resprayed on my car a while back. Believe me - I've gone over it with a fine toothcomb and I cannot tell it's been touched...well....apart from the reason I took it in to be resprayed for has gone obviously ;-)

Good luck
--
Adam
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - Mondaywoe
I think if you've bought a brand new car then you've every right to expect 'new car' paint finish. New cars don't have swirl marks on the bonnet under any conditions! Take it back and tell them you expect the car to be finished to manufacturer's standard.

Somebody bumped the front wing of my C5 when it was only months old and it had to have a new panel. Fortunately, it is completely undetectable. The bodyshop also assured me that the panel is genuine Citroen - so galvanised etc like the rest of the car.

Once you know there is a defect like that you'll always be aware of it.

Graeme
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - blank
Agree with the others, have had the front of two cars repaired relatively recently and the paint is perfect to my eye. One was damaged by the sales manager of the dealer I bought the MR2 from.

Andy
ps. I assume you also have an MR2?
Citroen Xsara Panel Respray Problems - Hugo {P}
Agree.

I have just collected the wife's Almera from the garage. The repairs they did - lets just say the respayed panels are the same colour and appearence as the rest of the car.

Hugo