Beware Overseas Bankers Draft Scam - Unusual Autos
When buying or selling car and vans or any other high value items,via internet auction etc
i had a bankers draft for £5000 sent this week that arrived in opened envolope ,that had stamps from miami usa.
This is all part of massive world-wide scam to defraud the honest punter or trader.
I had no idea what this was for so kept it to one side.
On taking advice i was told i would recieve a call or be contacted by someone in the next 24hrs.
Sure enough a very quiet sounding man rang the very next day claiming one of his customers had sent a cheque for a car.
He was pretending not to understand english and i ended the call by hanging up as he just wouldnt listen.
I contacted local trading standards who couldnt explain how the guy had my address but(i had no calls on car)theyd never heard of the scam ,great i thought!
It doesnt end there.
These people are expecting you to give them export costs as theve over paid you for the car .
They want to collect the car the next day(they dont want you to cash draft as its usually a forgery)
you think this is as good as cash hand over say £1100 for export charges by cheque ,see the car off with documents.
Go to the bank and be told up to three days later youve been robbed not only of your car but also £1100.
The police know about this and theve known people get a visit if they have reported it to the authorities.
Also they know your address have been known to break in steal the keys and documents and steal the car etc
And guess what some insurance companies are getting tough and not paying out if they feel the owner hasnt protected themselves enough!
Beware Bankers drafts are not cash ,cash them first make sure funds have cleared ,any geniune buyer will understand this .
Beware Overseas Bankers Draft Scam - Colin M
So commonplace even Autotrader offer advice here:

www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/sell/cc/fr-1.jsp

Beware Overseas Bankers Draft Scam - Stuartli
There are dozens of these scams, many of them under the Nigerian 419 label.

Used to be a similar one done by telephone by a company which had spotted your advertisement of a car for sale.

Even if you rejected their advances to further advertise it (they never did) they used an edited recording of your conversation with them to claim you had agreed.....

As I keep pointing out, where's there's money there's always a fiddle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by