SEAT Ibiza CD or autochanger - smokie
Well my daughter is very happy with her newly acquired Ibiza - 2000 model.

She wants to get CD player, or more preferably an autochanger.

I looked on the SEAT website and their autochanger is about £250, possibly plus cables (not sure) then plus fitting.

I haven't looked too closely yet, but it seems the radio is fitted behind a fancy display, so replacement with a straightforward slot type is probably out of the question. I also don't know whether the radio is designed, and the car is wired, to make the addition of the autochanger simple.

Has anyone any advice on a source of a reasonable quality but also reasonably priced autochanger which would fit? I thought I found one on Halfords web page for about £150 which said it was suitable but I can't find it again. I also wonder what fitting is likely to cost, and whether I will also need to buy and install cables.

Alterbnatively, if the cabling is already in place, is it something I could try myself?
SEAT Ibiza CD or autochanger - PW
Hi Smokie,

Try this one

www.halfords.com/opd_product_details.asp?id=17434&...7

Think it was the same one had in my old Cordoba (not got any of the details after selling the car)and had no problems with it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks PW

Since posting, I found them on teh Halfords site again.

I need to find out the brand of head unit as there are three different ones, and the Halfords units only suit two of them.

But actually the prices look quite good - c £150 incl fitting, plus possibly another £50 for the convertor cable.

She's looking at getting a phone kit fitted too, which I see they have for £49 incl fitting, so maybe I can do a deal with them! :-)
SEAT Ibiza CD or autochanger - andymc {P}
You could try the following online retailers:
www.incardiscount.co.uk
www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk
www.edworthys.co.uk

I bought a Sony 10-disc multichanger from Scenic, and was happy with the price, the speed of delivery and most of all the customer service (some others didn't reply to email enquiries at all). They even knocked a tenner off delivery when I showed them that their price was a bit higher than the competition (whose products were slightly cheaper, but whose delivery costs were higher). There were competitive prices on all three sites, but Scenic were the most prompt at responding so they got my business.
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
SEAT Ibiza CD or autochanger - sorrera
What about getting a head unit compatable with MP3's. 125 songs on one CD kind of reduces the need for a multichanger.
Much cheaper than multi changers although admitedly more expensive than a standard CD head unit.
She already has one of those which was bought for the Fiesta. But because the radio is hidden behind this display I don't think that's an option.

I will check the web sites above, thanks
SEAT Ibiza CD or autochanger - PW
Not sure if you're aware of this- but the radio also contains the diagnostics unit for the car.
No, that's useful to know.

What frequency do I get them on? ;-)