Best Automatic - Help Required - Lucian Deville
Hi

I'm thinking of buying a brand new automatic for Mrs D.

Criteria:

1:Max RRP 16k - We are assuming we will get a big discount, so the cheaper the car the better!

2:Must have a 5 start NCAP

3: Has to be as high as the Ford fiesta, or higher for that commanding driving position.

4: No bigger than the ford focus, Or smaller than the MB, A class.

5: Must be very reliable.

6: At least a 12 year corrision warranty.

7; Good handling.

Of course you don't have to justify every question - the important answer we are looking at is the most reliable aut/cvt box.

Thanks in advance

Lucian Deville
Best Automatic - Help Required - Happy Blue!
Honda Civic?

Mazda 3? - not high spec though

Ford C-Max?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
C max - dodgy gear box, we been advised?

Thanks re the other's - will check out honda and mazda, son has tried, it's ok-ish.

thanks

LD
Best Automatic - Help Required - Dynamic Dave

By the looks of it, you're after a small MPV. If you want one with a 5 star encap rating, then there's only 3 available.

Renault Scenic
Toyota Corolla Verso
Volkswagen Touran
Best Automatic - Help Required - Cardew
On a Which magazine survey the Toyota Yaris Verso came out top for owner satisfaction,

SWMBO has the Auto version and loves it.
Best Automatic - Help Required - daveyjp
Touran with DSG, but your budget may not stretch and it will be a diesel.
Best Automatic - Help Required - brian_h
I tested an Audi A3 with the DSG 6 speed automatic gearbox on a 2 litre TDI, the transmission was very impressive with incredibly quick smooth changes. Apparently there is no fuel or performance penalty as with a conventional automatic, in fact the performance is a little better - I would definitely suggest you try a car fitted with DSG.

The Audi with DSG wouldn't be in your budget and I dont think the Golf would either, but DSG I believe is now available on the Skoda Octavia with the same 2 litre diesel engine (which goes like a train) I think the top spec Octavia with DSG comes in about £17.5k list price, but with a discount or slightly lower spec it should be available within the budget.

Hope this helps

B
thank you all - we have got the brochures on the Verso - good all round and crash rating, a bit to big, we think?

Re the Audi - good car, never been in an A3, but did have an A4 - I feel that we will not get the commanding driving positon in the audi.

Thanks for all of your ideas/help - all apreciated.

LD