Ford "Blue Print" colour - L'escargot
I've seen a Ford dealer advert (complete with photograph) on the internet for a low mileage June 2003 Focus, and so far (on paper) the only thing which I'm dubious about is the colour ~ Blue Print. It's not a current colour and I don't recall ever seeing a car that colour. Has any Backroomer seen this colour, and, if so, what was your opinion of it? I can't help wondering why Ford dropped the colour ~ was it because the buying public shunned it? If I kept the car 7 years or so, would the colour significantly affect the PX value anyway? (As far as I can see from the photograph it's a solid colour.)
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Ford "Blue Print" colour - SjB {P}
Putting Ford "blue print" in to Google returned the following promising match:

... 100 bhp 1.8 TDCi joins the excellent 115 bhp TDCi in Ford's revised diesel ... a tinted metallic green, Ink Blue, a dark metallic shade, Blue Print (light, solid ...
www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=...4

Unfortunately the link does not work to read any more, but at least it looks like a valid Focus colour, and is solid as you guessed.
Ford "Blue Print" colour - Adam {P}
In 7 years time, I don't think the colour would matter that much value wise.
--
Adam
Ford "Blue Print" colour - Blue {P}
Blue print is definately a former colour of the UK Focus models, it's a solid light blue colour, it's actually one of the nicest solid colours that they ever made the Focus in. I daresay that's why it was discontinued, it makes the metallics look more attractive. ;-)

Blue
Ford "Blue Print" colour - IanJohnson
Does it come with the smell of ammonia I always associated with "blue prints"?
Does it come with the smell of ammonia I always associated
with "blue prints"?

And I thought I was old! Blue prints went out with high button boots and that was before my time as well!
--
Ford - Wales Forester
I've seen Blue Print in the flesh so to speak.
The Focus in this ad is the said colour; tinyurl.com/6s3ne

You either love it or hate it.

PP

Urgh! :-(
Ford "Blue Print" colour - blue_haddock
i quite like it, it's better than white and it's least it's not oh so common silver!
As for whatever shade of blue that the Focus RS came in, and the pearlescent blue that many an MG ZR/ZS/ZT/ZT-T is painted in, gorgeous, both! :-))
Urgh! :-(

One man's meat is another man's poison.

If it's still for sale by then, I'm going to look at it on Monday. It's approx £1100 below the Glass's Guide figure so that should compensate somewhat for me not being over the moon about the colour.

The only other thing is that it has only done 1200 miles in 16 months. How harmful to the mechanical parts will the long period(s) of idleness have been?
--
Ford - NowWheels
I've seen Blue Print in the flesh so to speak.
The Focus in this ad is the said colour; tinyurl.com/6s3ne

Ouch. I had a car almost that colour once, and I hated it.

But I know why Ford makes it: it used to be the colour used by the Garda Siochana in Ireland (i.e. the police). Their cars are mostly white nowadays, but they used to polute the road with lots that yukky blue.
Ford - L'escargot
Looks as if it's about even stevens so far on the question of the colour.

Now what about the mileage vis-a-vis the age?
--