cheapest place for buying volvo - VTiredeyes
Hi all.
think im gona settle for a volvo.
where is cheapest place to get one from?
or has anyone seen any good deals,
d5 v70 se
new as poss, ie 04/54 plate
tar ;-)
cheapest place for buying volvo - DavidHM
What spec and what method of finance? Would you have to do a part exchange or sell privately?
got £15K at 5.6 % from hsbc.
they did same deal as northan rock
www.moneysupermarket.com/Loans/loansresults.asp?Am...=

so 286 a month + rover 75 club se 51 plate 97K miles (5500 ?)
so got around 20K
but i would like a high spec 04 reg if poss, with xenons.
do lot of driving early/late.
the lights on rover are awful, checked bulbs & cleaned.
i think the alfa gt is fantastic, gona test drive one tomorrow, but as i have a growing family, 2 kids 11 & 8, i think volvo is the sensible option, already have a scooby sti for fun.
also love the shape look of volvo, and safety is the biggest issue on 1000 miles a week driving on m/ways
cheapest place for buying volvo - DavidHM
It's a good car but an 04 or 54 D5 SE is a very tall order for £20k.

You can get a pre-reg 54 plate metallic S for £20,500 from www.autosave.uk.com - whoever they may be - but I don't think I can get closer than that. They're based in Halifax if you're interested. www.smartvolvo.co.uk has a £21k new one.

I'd say that your estimate of the value of the 75 is about £1k too generous but I haven't seen that from Glass's. Something close to that should be attainable in a private sale though.
those are keen prices !
on volvos home 2nd hand page they are between 52 plate to 04 plates at 20-23 K
but the problwm with 2nd hand = no xenons !
so will have a look at spec between s & se, on new.
but you have to wait for a new one !
DOH !
want one now :-)
guess i could put some brighter bulbs in tho.
the newish 04 plates have clear headlights, so i guess they would be bright enough?

cheers david
cheapest place for buying volvo - smokie
I would guess that a Volvo without Xenons would still be better lit than a Rover.

So maybe not so important...?
cheapest place for buying volvo - SjB {P}
I have a 2003 Volvo V70 without xenons, as does my father an 1998 S80 and my brother another 2003 V70, whereas a friend has a 2004 V70 with them. Honestly, there is no practical benefit in the real world. Sure, the xenons look 'cool', but that's it. The standard halogen lights on the S60 / V70 / S80 are simply superb, and amongst the best of any car I have driven. Dipped beam has an excellent spread, with a good, well defined cut-off point that doesn't blind other drivers, and full beam is simply fantastic. I have had people try to say "Ah, but where xenons really score is in the wet, or when snowing", but I haven't found this to be the case with the Volvo, either.

I bought new, and am glad that I kept the £650 in my pocket, despite the fashion to do otherwise.

In contrast, my brother ran a 2000 Vectra Estate 1.8 LS Auto, and I ran a 2000 Vectra Estate 2.5 GSi (we don't always choose the same shape of car, honestly!). I had xenon (on dipped beam only with this car), and he didn't. In this case, there was a benefit compared to not having it, but not with the Volvo.
thanks for that, i guess i could live without them.
driven a d5 v70 auto today for an hour.
armchair ride or what !
fanbladdytastic, love it, just gota get sum cash together now !
cheapest place for buying volvo - SjB {P}
Nice to hear!
Hope you get the cash together.

Bro's V70 is a D5 auto SE, and it's superb. One of the best engine and gearbox marriages I have ever come across (and I write that as a self confessed petrol turbo and manual gearbox man!) It has a totally effortless long legged gait, a surprising amount of get up and go when you need it, and an easy 40+ MPG, all of which should suit your driving by the sound of it. Bro often tows 800KG of boat, and the mountain of torque right where he needs it makes this a doddle, too. Oh, both the engine and the standard fit HU-803 music system sound superb, too!

I don't know where you live, but recommend www.volvotuning.co.uk in Bromsgrove as an excellent Volvo trained and Volvo diagnostics (VADIS) equipped, independent service centre. Their rates are half what I originally paid at my local dealer, and as well as being the UK RICA chip tuning agent, their routine servicing work is spot on.

Good luck!
cheapest place for buying volvo - pd
www.speeds.co.uk are often knocking out year or so old V70's. Also have a look in the Sunday Times and Saturday Telegraph's motoring sections under "Volvo" where a few dealers advertise.

For new, take a look at www.drivethedeal.com

I have to disagree on the Xenon comment. The standard halogens on the S60/V70 are above average but the Xenons are, IMO, a significant improvement. You don't really need many options on the SE model though - they're pretty well equipped as standard.